tsnIV Input and Suggestions
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

tsnIV Input and Suggestions

by Neo » 03 Jun 2004, 01:04

Well guys, I have started testing different designs for tsnIV (since now is the time to start development, because there is a lot of new coding that I will need to do for the next version) but none are working out for me. I have some new colors created for it, and some new graphics.

Basically, the tsnIV will run on the same coding that tsnIII runs on, and I will just add a new template that will incorporate the new features. For about a week or two, I will make the tsnIV the default template, so that everyone can get a chance to use it, and see if they like it, and then I will set the template back to user-specified.

The tsnIV design will be more inclusive of the other areas and features of the site, including the Punix-GT comic strip, WZUP Radio (which I should be able to run by that time because of constant internet...maybe not), Photobook, Forums, and Freeform Frog store.

As in tsnIII the My Spot page, the tsnIV My Spot page will still be the main source for all the site features to be found in one place...and even more so. And the primary background of the page will be White (it just seems like it's so empty with the dark background).

I will be including a better-coded Newest Posts lists, a What's New on the Freeform Frog store area, you can send PMs from the My Spot page, and connect directly to the WZUP radio stations. There will also be scores of other side features, like the Top X lists, mini-forum index, etc.

What I would like are suggestions for the new version. What would you like to see in it? What do you want to be left out of tsnIV that is in tsnIII...and anything else you have to say about the new site. Don't be afraid to say any of your ideas. I will read them all and see what I can do to accomodate them.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 03 Jun 2004, 08:08

NEO, i dont really have any ideas...its all good from where im sitting, i dont think much could change, but then agian, i do like it as it is, so maybe itll just keep getting better

Neo
The One

by Neo » 03 Jun 2004, 09:16

;) That's good. I think I am just one of those type of people that like change. It's killing me to only have this design. Usually, I would have already redesigned the whole site by now. But since this is not written in html like the previous sites, it's MUCH more difficult to just whip out a new template and website.

Also, I forgot to mention that I plan to start a Game Review online magazine (http://reviews.the-spot.net) and the Punix-GT online manga(?) or maybe just comic strip (http://comics.the-spot.net). So if you would be interested in creating, updating, and writing for the Game Reviews and that portion of the website, let me know. If y'all plan on going to E3 next year, then we have to make this thing look professional with a format and everything. So do let me know...I want to try to get some more members involved with the site. Unlike previous versions, I have learned (the hard way) that the site can do more if other people (than myself) participate in the funtioning of it.

Anymore input?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 03 Jun 2004, 15:20

wow NEO, i hate to be the only one saying anything, but, as of now, I was planning on going to E3, ill get my only other freind who will be able to go to join the site...its sad, cause i wanted crim to go, me and him like the same games and all, but he wont be able to get in...yeah..the tickets cost lots, but thats okay...maybe i can get DS to go with me

Vault_Dweller
Level 10 - Purchase Special Title

by Vault_Dweller » 03 Jun 2004, 20:57

I don't have any great idea but I think u should change the color to red(of cource that is my favorite color and that why i said it) but it would be cool though
-----Vault Dweller
aka Chosen One

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jun 2004, 23:13

Well, I have thought about different colors for the site, but the-spot.net is blue. The forums have always been blue, and the-spot.net is mainly the forums. The other parts of the site have their respective colors, and red is reserved for WZUP Radio. Also, Green is Freeform Frog, Blue-Green is Photobook, Purple is the tsnMarket, etc. I have a list, just not around here <_< .
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Crimson Death
The Grinning Reaper

by Crimson Death » 05 Jun 2004, 18:41

if you were to make a professional game review website, i would be more than eager to furnish reviews. since i hope to have a serious career in video game development, i need to get as much experience as i can recognizing the redeeming traits and flaws of various games.
- Crimson Death

Neo
The One

by Neo » 05 Jun 2004, 23:51

Excellent...talk with UPS and Drunken Sailor about getting a standard format for reviewing games, and let me know what it is, and then I will see what I can do about getting that part of the site ready for tsnIV.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

= SIR JAD =
The Ultimate Gaming Chef

by = SIR JAD = » 06 Jun 2004, 14:50

also try and get that pic of the minute in the Photobook working... and if you aren't gonna try and get it working.. then just get rid of it...
I CHALLENGE YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO A COOKING DUEL.... and if she beats me.. She and I will play Unreal Tournament...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 06 Jun 2004, 23:47

You're right. I haven't had the time that I thought I would have to modify the code. I was going to get rid of the "random pics" section from the front page, and just have it show one random picture in that little box for Pic of the Minute, but I started working shortly after we got that thing running, and haven't had time to disect the code for the photobook.

But in tsnIV, I plan to have everything intertwined, and looking better. I came up with a badass design for the site today while I was at work, so I will be working on the whole thing when I have spare time.

Anymore suggestions?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 07 Jun 2004, 23:12

I am 'IN' for the game reviews...

also I would like to say we should poke people a few times to make sure they get a reveiw done every month at least. I know I need a little motiviation sometimes. 'course this should be causual, since the primary purpose is for fun.

also a good thing to keep in mind while reading the reviews
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 08 Jun 2004, 22:09

Red for WZUP Radio??? ERG.....oh well...

I wish I could think of any suggestions on how to make the new one, but I really like the layout and everything of this one...oh well..

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 08 Jun 2004, 23:00

im with crim and ds...we need a started review template, but the problem is some games we review are so varied, it will take lots of thought as to how to design it to be "universal"...i wanna be in on it though...i have about 3 new games at my house...need to get some reviews written...like ds said, we need to motivate the big gamers to get to work...i have no time with work, same with ds i think

Neo
The One

by Neo » 08 Jun 2004, 23:48

Well, prehaps a template for each type of game...FPS, MMRPG, etc (I don't know them all, I count on y'all to come up with everything...i'm just a programmer)

And I have been working on a layout on paper for the new version, it's different than what I had originally intended for tsnIV, but it's also better. There will be a lot more functionality, and a more "futuristic" look to it. This tsnIII (original version) had a "crisp" look to it...this tsnIV will be more "real" I guess. It'll be interesting...but I will keep the other templates up, so you can change back if you find out that you don't like it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Scyfris
Level 9 - Traveling to town

rar!

by Scyfris » 10 Jun 2004, 01:27

wow, im peeing my pants with anticipation...about the game review thing, i would definately submit reviews for the FPS sections...what alota websites do about the game reviews is have the games split up into certain genres like you said, but then within each review, it is split up in to sections like gameplay, graphics, music, replayability...and under each category is a mini-review just based on that aspect of the game, and then at the end is the conclusion and a general review of the game overall. but that is just what some websites do, im sure that whatever y'all come up with will be great. ill definatly review (mainly FPS...just cause im like that :P...specially doom 3....*drool*)
hope everything goes well!