Newest posts table
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Crimson Death
The Grinning Reaper

Newest posts table

by Crimson Death » 21 May 2004, 10:47

Hi, i was just wondering about the "Newest posts on tsn" table on the "my spot" page. is there a way to leave the links to those posts there until i have seen them? because most of the time i only have time to look at a few posts, but if there are a lot of new ones on the list, they all go away, assuming i've read them. which causes me to either miss a lot of new posts or i have to root through the forums index trying to remember if a thread is one i have seen or not. i just wanted to know if there was some option on the site to leave the links there until i have seen them...
- Crimson Death

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 May 2004, 23:10

No, there is nothing I can do and nothing you can do, except leave the page open until you can read them all. It's a problem we've been dealing with since we started using php. It's the same as any other forum...in that it will clear the new status of the posts after you leave the php coded pages. As long as you are on the-spot.net (with the exception of the start page) then your posts will show up as new, but if you leave the site, and I think also close the window, then your posts are marked read.

Nope...nothing I can do about it...it's all in the way it recognizes your computer.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]