Proposing to Pappa
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

spiffy1001
Level 6 - Quest taker

Proposing to Pappa

by spiffy1001 » 07 Apr 2004, 20:29

Hey Neo, tomarrow afternoon I am driving to Beaumont to ask my girlfriend's dad the question. He knows me, and he likes me, but I am still nervous. Any advice?
I read your e-mail.

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 07 Apr 2004, 21:34

Well, I never had to ask THAT question....but I did ask Jolyn's Dad if I could take her out....who knows? Maybe it's the same...but I doubt it...advice? You should be frank, and not beat around the bush.....tell him how you feel about his daughter and that you lover her (I'm assuming..)That's all you can do....
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Apr 2004, 23:34

I appreciate your willingness to share advice, BS....but this is MY FORUM :arrow: "Neo Knows..." :P Wait until I answer the question before you offer your advice.

My advice is be yourself. If he knows you (like you said) and likes you then you shouldn't have to worry about the answer. I'm sure he will understand if you're nervous - it will show him that you respect him and his authority...and I'm sure that he'll be happy that you asked him.

ok...anyone else <_< ... :razz:
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 08 Apr 2004, 12:24

So..you are asking the father before asking the girl??? THAT's something that you don't see much of these days....I think that shows a lot of respect..and the father will definitely appreciate that....now what happens next...hehe...that depends on the mood of the father...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 09 Apr 2004, 06:25

Hey! Good luck Spiff! Seriously, I don't see why her Dad wouldn't like you! You're that kind of guy who would get along with most parents anyways. I just wouldn't over-do it with the politics though ;)

Wow...another ETBUer getting married...why am I not surprised?
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 09 Apr 2004, 10:22

Well, I never had to ask THAT question....but I did ask Jolyn's Dad if I could take her out....who knows? Maybe it's the same...but I doubt it...advice? You should be frank, and not beat around the bush.....tell him how you feel about his daughter and that you lover her (I'm assuming..)That's all you can do....

Is that better, NEO? Sorry about that....I wasn't thinking...don't hate me,it won't happen again... :(
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 09 Apr 2004, 11:12

Hey I hope this goes good for you. I know from the many guys who have propposed to me...the ones who asked my daddy, had a better chance of getting a yes. lol jk.
Good luck :D
Smile for the camera! :D

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 14 Jun 2004, 23:15

this is alil late but its true you dont see many guys asking the father before the daughter. that's very traditional. that's how they did that back then and its brownie-points :D
GIT' R ' DONE! yeeeaah boi!

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 15 Jun 2004, 05:40

i actually did this not too long ago...i asked the father...we became close, me and the daughter were good friends, and had liked each other for a few years...and the father liked me, but he said it was too soon, and that maybe some-other day ( i didnt ask for marige, just to date), he thought datuing was too soon, casue of temptation...okay..i respected that

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 15 Jun 2004, 20:55

marriage is a very very very big deal though rather then dating

spiffy1001
Level 6 - Quest taker

by spiffy1001 » 16 Jun 2004, 22:02

well everyone, chatting with Neo tonight he reminded me that it has been awhile since coming onto the site. Since my last post, the dad said yes, and she said yes. For more details you can visit our we'd'site at http://www.CrouchBensonWedding.com - I have graduated from college about a month ago I graduated from ETBU with my degree in Computer Information Systems and have gone on to achieve great things as an unemployed College Grad. I am living in Beaumont with my fiance's parents until I can find a job here, hopefully that will happen soon, and I will go from there. I had two interviews yesterday. One at Hibernia Bank, and the other at Texas State Bank, the one at Hibernia was for a banker position but at TSB there was an actual IT position in the area which would be nice. Anyway, I'll check back later. It's not like I'm super busy anymore. <sigh>
I read your e-mail.

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 17 Jun 2004, 16:23

w00t CONGRATULATIONS! hope that your wedding goes well. :D good luck on getting a job!