What's the longest you've stayed up?
If it can't be real, it can be virtual. Pull up a chair, and hang out with everyone at The-Spot.NetCafé. Here you'll find discussions not suitable for other forums and their precious "topics of discussion."

Neo
The One

What's the longest you've stayed up?

by Neo » 20 Apr 2015, 22:16

What's the longest you've stayed awake, and why?

For me, it was the release of the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion.

I was up for 30 hours before my body couldn't handle any more of it and shut down. I thought I could get by with a power nap, but when I got out of bed, my body had the shakes and didn't want to focus on anything. It was the weirdest experience, and most ridiculous reason for staying up so late.

I took a week off work, and got 2 characters from 85-90 in less than 48 hours. The slowest part about leveling was having to level with a partner. We started with 5 in the group, but it quickly dropped to 3 then 2 when people couldn't keep up with the quest objectives fast enough. It sucks to have to do a drop quest as well without shared quest drops (only one person can loot the item needed).
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

Re: What's the longest you've stayed up?

by Punix-GT » 21 Apr 2015, 04:59

I'm not entirely sure considering the process was all a blur, but I want to say 50 hours. It was a horrid time because I worked graveyard shift and never slept when I got home, and then it was time to start looking for a car. That was a bad idea, but at least I got to come home with what I'm currently driving now. I got the car, and then it was time for me to go back to work, and I worked 12 hours/day at that time. I will not do that again.

But I've had those times where I spent many hours awake playing Unreal Tournament during our overnight LAN parties ^_^
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 21 Apr 2015, 07:44

Hmm, the one I timed was about 40 hours. I was up and on campus around 8 am and then had class at noon. I promptly stayed in my computer lab working on my final project (ie. I sat in the same seat in the same lab at the same computer) until around noon the next day when I went with my mom (who felt I shouldn't drive) to get my project printed and I then presented it in my evening class... in the same clothing I wore to the class the day before. After that I had to stay on campus until my mom was done work at 5 I then went home and worked on my final essays for another class until I passed out. I had had tickets to a concert the night I was in the lab too (Benji's birthday actually) and I had to miss it due to the project, but I had worn my clubbing clothes in case I could go so I spent two classes and many hours in interesting attire lol.

I'm sure I've had other bouts of long time, but that one is the most crisp. I frequently got to the point of temporary narcolepsy where I would fall asleep anywhere, up to and including in the shower, on the toilet, and getting out of the shower (I fell asleep one leg in and one leg out).
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 23 Apr 2015, 18:01

The longest I ever stayed up was around 38 hours. I woke up for classes that morning around 8 AM. Had a normal day. Around 6 or 7 PM my roommates decided to have a contest of who could stay up the longest (freshman year, we were stupid and did stuff for the heck of it). Most of them passed out that night. 2 of us made it into the next morning when we both had to go to classes. Had another normal day. Back home after classes and everything, my one roommate was still up, and hadn't slept yet. Finally around 9ish he decided he needed to sleep before the next day, so I stayed up long enough to make sure he really was sleeping, and then went to bed around 10 PM. I overslept the next morning.
-D$
:ninja:

GlennCoco
Level 2 - Post Spell Learned

by GlennCoco » 26 Apr 2015, 18:21

Only 30 hours or so. In my religious years, I would chaperon lock ins. We did all kinds of crazy games like American Idol (on the stage of the church and everything), board games, school yard games, etc, etc. I always liked to leave one "quiet room" for people who actually wanted a few hours of sleep. They were intense.

Since these days, I have to get at least 8 hours or I'm a raging smurfette.
"You go Glenn Coco!"

MightySushi
Level 2 - Post Spell Learned

by MightySushi » 10 Jun 2015, 11:23

I have stayed awake for about 76 hours straight. Long story short, I had a mental break down. That's about all I will say about that. I slept for about 5 hours after that and then did it again. Basically, I had a 3 week long panic attack where I couldn't sleep, even with medication. It was not fun. Now though...waking up is pretty impossible.
"smurf the world, I am a panda"