Scandals in School
If it can't be real, it can be virtual. Pull up a chair, and hang out with everyone at The-Spot.NetCafé. Here you'll find discussions not suitable for other forums and their precious "topics of discussion."

Neo
The One

Scandals in School

by Neo » 20 Apr 2015, 22:11

What would you say is the most scandalous thing you've done in school, but never got caught doing it? (Or got away with it)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

Re: Scandals in School

by Pam » 20 Apr 2015, 22:32

David...don't read this post!

So, during my first period Music Theory class, our teacher was one of the band directors, and was often not in class with us. Once, we all decided to leave and went to the closest Sonic and got breakfast. That's the only time I ever skipped school.

However, very often, I would just walk out of our classroom, (which wasn't really a class room, it was actually just one of the choir practice rooms that were in the big choir room,) and I would go to one of the other 2 practice rooms next to my class....and I would Make out with, well, you don't need his name. LOL. But that's where I had my first kiss. It was with a beautiful black guy. That was my crazy senior year.
Last edited by Pam on 20 Apr 2015, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Apr 2015, 22:44

Pam wrote:It was with a beautiful black guy.

I forgot about your "beautiful black guy" love.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 20 Apr 2015, 22:50

LOL! I guess I may have mentioned him on here before, since we hung out occasionally through the years. His current significant other won't let him talk to me or be friends with me on FB, and has even called me in the past threatening me for talking to him, even though he was the one that would contact me.

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 21 Apr 2015, 08:03

Hmm... so in my last year of high school, right before the Christmas break, my first bf who was an online bf, came up to visit. He got there the night before the last day of class so I skipped and went to a motel he was staying at nearby with him. My parents got a call about me missing class and a final assignment and I made up some sort of crazy story about having handed it in and it probably got lost. That was the first day (of many) that a partner abused me, actually. I still remember crying and screaming and no one coming to help me... He stayed for 3 more days, each day worse than the last. That was a smurfy smurfy Christmas.

If we count university as school, I made provocative art in both my film, photography, and digital media classes. My film class in third year, I filmed myself nude (but curled up in a ball) in one of the hall ways for about half an hour. I mimed crying, raging, screaming, all of the emotions I felt about my past years of abuse. A custodian nearly stumbled on me and I freaked out and rushed to hide (all caught on film, so that translated as terror from something off screen which worked well). I parsed that together and did a video installation projected on a bed sheet in a small room that is only slightly bigger than a closet and completely empty. I left the sounds of the sheet in the video (I brought the sheets I'd been assaulted on to my video shoot...) and removed any sound I made... It was very freaky to watch because I was screaming and no one could hear me. My classmates all unconsciously stayed near the door until my prof called everyone on it saying that this piece clearly made everyone uncomfortable, and we should be because we all have voices and she had none and no one can look at her comfortably. He loved it.

This theme carried forward into other art. I posted about an art project I did in the "how long have you stayed up thread" and I did a life-size "model picture" of me, nude. I had a female friend do a super long photo session with me in lingerie, bathing suits, and nude. That definitely bonded us! Then I photoshopped some controversial body modifications on to myself. To this day we joke about some of our antics. There is a photo of me with whipped cream only on, even, because that was our dinner (the whipped cream, not me!). lol

I also managed to convince my crush at the time, who was a massive narcissist and the worst person alive that I have ever met, to pose nude so I could photoshop another image together. It was later turned into postcards for an art show I was in and ended up being sent across the city. He was not impressed but he approved the image being used so he had no recourse...
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 Apr 2015, 09:31

I've already talked about this in side-channel conversations, but I'm imagining a high-contrast, bright, black & white, psychedelic Alfred Hitchcock video of your performance in my high school hallway (the hallway I'm most familiar with). It was quite a scary video in my head.

Used whipped cream was your dinner?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 21 Apr 2015, 09:36

Neo wrote:I've already talked about this in side-channel conversations, but I'm imagining a high-contrast, bright, black & white, psychedelic Alfred Hitchcock video of your performance in my high school hallway (the hallway I'm most familiar with). It was quite a scary video in my head.
So wait.. conversationS, who else are you side-channeling with about my video days? :P

It was actually in colour and the bedsheet was burgundy, it worked well for contrast. The walls and floor were gray and industrial. It's not an enjoyable video to watch. There's also two cuts of it, one which definitely goes for higher anxiety with faster scene to scene cuts.
Neo wrote:Used whipped cream was your dinner?
LMAO, no. The whipped cream was canned so it melted like instantly. After one or two pictures, we just took turns spraying it into our mouths for the sugar high to keep the photoshoot going.
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 Apr 2015, 12:40

One of my scandalous moments was in Junior high.

My parents would drop me off for class, the majority of which were in the temporary buildings during 8th grade. The school gave everyone ID cards. My first class was spanish, and the temporary building had a little bit of a janky door.

I could use my ID card to slide between the door and the frame, and push the latch of the door back into the door, and pop it open. So on cold days, or days when I got there early, I would swipe my card and hang out in the classroom until a little before the teach would normally arrive.

One day I noticed she had a computer on a desk nearby - and if there's one thing an 8th grade kid wants to do, it is play video games. So I started working on cracking her password. I think I got it in 3 guesses. It was the name of her husband...and I'm not sure how I knew that - she probably mentioned it in class. But I then started spending my mornings playing Spider Solitaire on the computer.

One morning, though, she was super late...and it was super cold outside. It got to the point where the whole class was waiting outside for her. For some reason, I had unlocked the window by the door earlier in the week...and I decided I was going to make a deal with the class.

"Here's the story. The door was left slightly ajar because if it is closed too hard, it doesn't always latch. (true, fact) So that is how we got into the room."

I climbed through the window, unlocked the door (without revealing my card swiping technique), and let everyone into the class. I did get a little cut on my and from the window frame.

When the teacher finally came, I explained the situation, and everyone backed me. Hero for a day, I guess.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]