TSN Points
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 18 Aug 2005, 17:01

Actually, I like the ghetto points.

These points dont have to be based on serious posts i guess. maybe people can agree to not be offended by it. It can all just be "fun" purposes only.

If it does get offensive or hurt ppl...etc, then the rules can be changed.

I like one that would be for your comedic abilities. Comedy Points...for if something you said was real funny.
Smile for the camera! :D

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 18 Aug 2005, 17:06

I like that as well...

but i still wonder about the way they are given....it would be really cool i guess if everyone could give everyone points....but that just sounds like more reasons for drama...and that is the LAST thing the spot needs.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

The Audi Thief
Level 10 - Purchase Special Title

by The Audi Thief » 18 Aug 2005, 17:07

I think you guys are draging it a little too far...

It should just be like cool and ghey point and maybe one other but honestly i wouldnt like a huge list under my post count
Yeah I stole it, so what? Xanga

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 18 Aug 2005, 17:10

+10 funnay points awarded to Drunkensailor for making teh funnay!!!!

werd!
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 18 Aug 2005, 17:13

well neo still hasnt decided what he wants to do. This is basically just ur opinions of how u feel about it. Which i know is what everyone is giving. It can be something totally diff than l33t points. It doenst have to crowd things up.

he really didnt tell me everything. it was this quick suggestion. I think we need to wait for neo to post what his idea is...this is so funny! :D

It's great how ppl get worked up... :wink:

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 18 Aug 2005, 17:14

see and then you have problems like that...mods giving themselves points....

curse you sailor...

lets play rock scissor paper....

ha ha....tnt beats pirate ship! :lol:

now where is the fuse? oh smurfin', who stole my fuse...f'ing pirates
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 18 Aug 2005, 17:15

we sould need objective moderators to award the points to people who earn them...

I'm not objective enough to award ghey points but I could handle hawtness points or rawkness points

The Audi Thief

by The Audi Thief » 18 Aug 2005, 17:17

I dont really think that the hawtness points should be there because what if someone is ugly... or do i misunderstand the concept

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 18 Aug 2005, 17:23

then you give then rawkness points

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 18 Aug 2005, 18:01

whats the difference with the hottness points being here, or in the photo album? Like the album that says show off your hawtness... :?

The hott thing always gets mentioned. I dont let it bother me, and I dont think I am hot. I deal with it.

It doesn't even have to be a matter or what you look like. Go ahead and take off the hawt point idea. :roll:

The Audi Thief

by The Audi Thief » 18 Aug 2005, 18:03

But, if someone realizes that no one is giving them hawtness points they may get offended. I agree with you fbm take the hawtness points off

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 18 Aug 2005, 21:29

hmmmm, well, I noticed nobody said anything although RageCage said something close to what I was thinking about.

The main concern about this kind of system is that eventually, it won't just be what its original purpose would be. All it would end up being is a popularity contest. And God knows how much I hate popularity contests >_> Why? Because I would never win, and someone is always out there trying to outdo the other in popularity.

I'll give another reason why this wouldn't work:
Its all based on opinion. What one person finds hilarious, another finds either not funny or offensive. The thread "The Wedding Crashers" in the movie forum is a good example of this. My comics are funny to some, others are completely clueless. Why give me funny points from someone who isn't sure if it was funny or not? See, its all based on perspective and opinions.

My overall thought on this is no. I'm sorry, but I don't think this would work very well.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 18 Aug 2005, 22:00

UraniumPoppySeed wrote:hmmmm, well, I noticed nobody said anything although RageCage said something close to what I was thinking about.

The main concern about this kind of system is that eventually, it won't just be what its original purpose would be. All it would end up being is a popularity contest. And God knows how much I hate popularity contests >_> Why? Because I would never win, and someone is always out there trying to outdo the other in popularity.

I'll give another reason why this wouldn't work:
Its all based on opinion. What one person finds hilarious, another finds either not funny or offensive. The thread "The Wedding Crashers" in the movie forum is a good example of this. My comics are funny to some, others are completely clueless. Why give me funny points from someone who isn't sure if it was funny or not? See, its all based on perspective and opinions.

My overall thought on this is no. I'm sorry, but I don't think this would work very well.
Holy crap, a Admin just agreed with me...some take a mother plucking picture...kodak moment suckas...

but yeah, that is basically what it boils down to...there is already too much drama...let's not add to it.

StarLitDancer
Level 12 - Topic Spell Adept

by StarLitDancer » 18 Aug 2005, 23:32

I agree with UPS' opinion about it turning out to be a popularity contest. It should be more about conversating and getting to know people in other parts of the Texas and beyond, not about who is the highest poster. I think if it the new point systems went through, posting would just lose its value.
"Stop hatin', start participatin'" "Come on, twinkle twinkle, baby, twinkle twinkle"

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 18 Aug 2005, 23:54

Yeah...I'm gonna have to say no on all that...I really do agree with UPS, RageCage and StarLitDancer...

Too much drama, too much of a popularity contest...(and I would lose anyways....) and I just don't think TSN needs it.