You know what we need?
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Synirr
The Baby Eater

You know what we need?

by Synirr » 13 Aug 2005, 20:14

An icon to instantly let you know whether or not you've posted in a certain thread. It would be nice. Sometimes I forget if a thread was interesting enough for me to post in it the first time I saw it or not, so I open it again only to be disappointed :(
-Click to see me nekkid-
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 13 Aug 2005, 21:19

That is actually really funny. Do you know how many times I have been going through the posts trying to remember if I had any input on that post? Of course you don't, I don't even know.

But great idea. Maybe not right up Neo's alley, but I like it.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 13 Aug 2005, 21:59

I thought there was something. Go to where you recently posted. There used to be something that sent you to that...I dunno if it's still there though.

Neo will be able to tell you.
Smile for the camera! :D

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 13 Aug 2005, 22:05

Yeah but I think what she means is there should be a icon beside the posts that says if you have posted there, so that you don't have to go through a lot of stuff to find out. I mean I never check my e-mail so notifications don't really work for me.

It is just another one of those "make my life easier" things...

it is a good idea, I am just not sure if it is worth the hassle to add that to code.
It seems really complicated...I don't think Neo could do it...

Reverse pshycology...oh yeah oh yeah.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 13 Aug 2005, 22:09

:hmmm: I don't think I understand exctly what it is you're saying.

If you want to save a thread that you find interesting, you can add it to your favorites list (which is on the My Spot page, until you decide it's not interesting anymore.

Getting icons in the forums to appear only when certain criteria are met, is not really something I'm able to code right now (I don't know enough about the code language to do it yet.)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 13 Aug 2005, 22:16

What i'm talking about wasn't hard at all. It wasn't an icon, but I used it, and it worked for me.

There were three different links. One to see unanswered posts, one to see your posts, and another to see something I can't remember.

It doesnt seem hard to me, and it's not email. I do think it's gone though, cuz I haven't been able to find it. *shrugs*

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Aug 2005, 10:49

It's on the forum index page...the top level index.

"View posts since last visit"
"View your posts"
"View unanswered posts"

The first one is basically what shows up on the My Spot page.
The second one is called an "ego search" to search your own stuff
and I'm not really sure what the third one does - I haven't read the code, and I don't use the link, and I don't see how it's necessary...but I'm sure it is, and it's probably what you're looking for Synirr.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 14 Aug 2005, 16:24

Viewing unanswered post gives you a chance to see what topics have never been replied to. I've used it a few times.

I think what she is meaning is if there is an icon that can just go next to the topic that she recently posted at. Like there could be three topics that she has responded to, but that aren't really important enough to go into the favorites.

Sometimes I forget if I've posted somewhere, so that would be helpful. But you said you couldn't do that.

Maybe, the most recent ones can go at the top. But I think that's already how it is.

I'll shut up now LOL!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Aug 2005, 17:42

Hmm...topics that have never been responded to have 0 posts <_< I thought.

And either I'm not seeing any significance in putting an icon (not that I can do it anyway) for that purpose (because you should know what you've posted to) and if you don't then it either wasn't that important what you said, or the thread wasn't that interesting.

The easiest way to solve your forgetfullness problem is to use the favorites list. If you like it, put it in there, and when it's not important to you anymore, take it back out.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]