tsnV bugs
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

tsnV bugs

by Punix-GT » 17 Jun 2005, 01:01

Well, I'm going to go ahead and mention some random bugs that has been found.

1. Jad has a notice for an unread message in his PMs, however, there is no message for him in his PM box.

2. He still can't get to the "Poem" thread in the kickback cafe

3. I noticed that us Admin/Mods have the merge/split option on anyone's posts, but I'm sure that's in the works.

4. I'm also going to assume that the forum sidebar that was found on the side of the forums on the left that had the forum listings are going to be either added later or on a pop-up? Either way, I know that sidebar was actually very useful as everyone else have noted. But I'll stop bugging you on that (no pun intended ;) ).

I'll let you know if there are any other bugs.

Everyone else, if you have any bugs, post them on here.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 17 Jun 2005, 01:05

Neo already address the face that many poeple, even admins logged in as regular users are having diffculties accessing the older threads. They won't load. He's also picked up a few others issues that's he's working on.
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

Hambone
The Hambone, b@#$&

Things ive noticed

by Hambone » 17 Jun 2005, 06:33

5. I think neo you need to change who can change the cash, since right now the moderators can do it. I think just the admins should be able to do it.
"Im in your base, killin your d00ds"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 17 Jun 2005, 08:01

1. If he has an Unread Message, it's in one of his boxes...somewhere. Not necessaryily a "new" one, but an unread one. I have 2 Unreads that are marked New because I haven't read them - they are for testing purposes. If you get a new PM, and then leave the site, and come back later, it's not New anymore, it's simply Unread.

2. Don't know why he can't. I don't know what's causing it - and I can't find anyone that can give me any kind of definite error message.

3. All the admin/mod tools are there...they're just at the bottom of the page right now. I didn't do a whole lot with the design of the Viewtopic.php page because I couldn't decide on a different design that looked better. But the tools are there - I know, because I used them. I will check again though.

4. I am going to have to reinstall the blogs so I can get that code to do it with. I deleted them when I wiped tsnIII from the server, then realized I still needed them. But I'll get it up...for now, just use the My Spot page to find your newest posts - since that's about as easy as it gets for now.

5. Taken care of...I am looking for one or two people to do just Spotics Operations - "So-Crew". If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

******Also, if y'all could consecutively number your bugs, so I can reply to them accordingly, like I had to edit UPS's and hambone's posts and replied in this one.
The next bug, start with 6. If you're going to reply to one, be sure to put it's number in front of it (like if you wanted to talk about the forum sidebar, put a 4. in front of that paragraph.) Thanks.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 17 Jun 2005, 09:45

6. A lotta' times (99%), the newest pictures at the bottom of the My Spot page aren't there. The description of the picture is, but not the actual picture. Usually, the picture's there...and NOT the description. >.> I don't know what that is...but if works for everyone else, it may just be my computer. :?
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 17 Jun 2005, 09:49

6. I think a lot of times it's your computer. I noticed the same problem when I first loaded the site, but a refresh should work...clear your cookies, and your Cache/Offline Files, and that should help.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 17 Jun 2005, 10:03

UPS wrote:2. He still can't get to the "Poem" thread in the kickback cafe
Neo wrote:2. Don't know why he can't. I don't know what's causing it - and I can't find anyone that can give me any kind of definite error message.
2. I have concluded that this issue was the same issue the beta testers were having when they would click a link and it would redirect them out of tsnV and into tsnIII. So that means that there is a problem in the 600+ lines of code for that page that I will have to sort through.

So now that I know what the problem is doing - I know where to start to try to fix it. The link is trying to send the user up one directory - when it can't, because those are forbidden from html access...so it doesn't go anywhere, and can't redirect. (Normally it just times out, but for some it says "Redirect limit is reached for this URL" or something like that).

Sorry if you lost your new posts - I resynced the forums, to see if that would fix it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 17 Jun 2005, 13:05

UPS wrote:2. He still can't get to the "Poem" thread in the kickback cafe
Neo wrote:2. Don't know why he can't. I don't know what's causing it - and I can't find anyone that can give me any kind of definite error message.
Neo wrote:2. I have concluded that this issue was the same issue the beta testers were having when they would click a link and it would redirect them out of tsnV and into tsnIII. So that means that there is a problem in the 600+ lines of code for that page that I will have to sort through.

So now that I know what the problem is doing - I know where to start to try to fix it. The link is trying to send the user up one directory - when it can't, because those are forbidden from html access...so it doesn't go anywhere, and can't redirect. (Normally it just times out, but for some it says "Redirect limit is reached for this URL" or something like that).

Sorry if you lost your new posts - I resynced the forums, to see if that would fix it.
I looked through the code this afternoon at lunch, and I found some things that I thought looked strange when I first went through the code. I'll see what I can do this weekend at the lake house, and upload/test it when we get to the lan party.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 18 Jun 2005, 09:08

Neo wrote:
UraniumPoppySeed wrote:1. Jad has a notice for an unread message in his PMs, however, there is no message for him in his PM box.
1. If he has an Unread Message, it's in one of his boxes...somewhere. Not necessaryily a "new" one, but an unread one. I have 2 Unreads that are marked New because I haven't read them - they are for testing purposes. If you get a new PM, and then leave the site, and come back later, it's not New anymore, it's simply Unread.
Actually, when Jad informed me of this, I noticed this, and checked all his tabs (Inbox, Outbox, Sentbox, etc...) it still said there was an unread message, even though there wasn't a message for him at all.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Neo
The One

by Neo » 19 Jun 2005, 23:43

2. I think I fixed problem #2. If someone could verify that it's fixed, that would be great. I have asked LL, and she's looking into it, but as it is with any bug, it may not always work for all people, based on one check.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 20 Jun 2005, 00:09

2. I was able to access my old journal with no problem and merged the two topics, so I at least know some of the threads work, it doesn't seem to be specific to mine so I think its fixed.
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 20 Jun 2005, 09:27

7. The "Next" link while looking through the pictures on the photobook doesn't work. It says, "This pic does not exist." >.>

....so yeah. Just thought I'd add that one.
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Jun 2005, 09:31

6. Baka, try signing out and then back in to IE. I had that same issue this morning when I tested it in IE (since I always use FireFox), and that solved the problem. But I also deleted all my Temporary Internet Files before I did that.)

7. Baka, when you are at the end of the album, there are no pics. That's why it says pic does not exist. Click Previous, or start at the beginning of the album.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 20 Jun 2005, 09:39

...umm, I did. Now here's the question: when clicking next, does it take you to the newer one, or the older one? (i.e. left or right)
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Jun 2005, 09:41

It takes you to the newer one. Left or right is relative to how you have the album sorted. If you click into the photobook from a thumbnail on the My Spot page....if you click on the 1st (leftmost) then you're at the end of the album, because it shows the newest on the left.

The best thing to do would be to go to the album, find the pic you want, and note your location in the album, and click "Previous/Next" accordingly.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]