tsnV New Features
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Is this thread helpful?

Yes, Very
67%
Yes, kinda
33%
No, not really.
No votes
No, I didn't find what I was looking for.
No votes

Total votes: 9
RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 28 Jun 2005, 23:43

Yeah it is starting to look like perfection Neo, right on.

Keep up the good work.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 29 Jun 2005, 07:53

Yeah...I def. like the quickreply and the quickedit. That's pretty sweet. Adds to the speed and technology of TSNV
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jun 2005, 10:00

I might just take out the Post Reply button...and put all the functionality into the QuickReply...maybe - but probably not.

There are still some bugs to work out on the My Spot page, like showing where the new posts are in the Mini Forums Index...but that is not as high of priority....and also getting the "New to you" bar on the TSN News to be dynamic.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 29 Jun 2005, 10:05

well..I don't know about taking out the post reply button out...I kinda like it...maybe more so than the quick reply...

but i do like the quick edit..that makes it a whole lot easier to fix someone's post......

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 29 Jun 2005, 10:39

Man I can't wait for you to get the TSN RSS feeds up and running, that is gonna be pretty smurfin' cool if I don't say so myself. I see that you are working on it. The link is up on the my spot page but it just goes to some code. I was looking over it. How is that coming along anyway?
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jun 2005, 10:42

The RSS Feeds have been working since I introduced them in the original thread about them (probably in the TSN Special Report forum).

That link on the My Spot page is the link required for your RSS Feeder. If you hold your mouse over it, there are some instructions.

I will put a template to it when I get the time. Lately I have been working on getting everyone able to read the site. When I am comfortable with the site's features, then I will move into the "Bells & Whistles" phase to improve everything.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 29 Jun 2005, 10:52

Where can I get a RSS Feeder for Mozilla? I think someone already answered this so I apologize, but I still need to know.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jun 2005, 10:54

Visit the RSS Feeds sticky topic in Kickback Cafe

But I use http://desktopsidebar.com/
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jun 2005, 22:24

The New Topics box on the My Spot page is still under construction for now...it's going to require more "effort" to code it...I thought I could just make a couple changes to the New Posts script. But it should work soon.

There will also be a Newest Punix-GT thumbnail box on the My Spot page soon...a pre-cursor to the Punix-GT site. (which will be a compilation of several Photobook pages into one, with some customized code.)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 30 Jun 2005, 23:05

Ok, really cool new feature installed tonight.

Password Protected topics.

With this, you can set a password for a topic you create (i.e. your Journal) where only people that you give the password to, and anyone with higher permissions (mods, and admin) can view the topic.

Also you can ban a person from reading a topic you started if they cause you relentless problems. Use this feature with caution and care - because turnabout's fair game, and I don't want to hear about it if you ban someone, and they ban you. However, you can only ban them if they post in your topic.

Be mature about these - because I know some of you will want to goof around with it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 30 Jun 2005, 23:12

That is a good idea, but I think I will wait to see how it turns out before I use it. I mean it just sounds like cause for more drama and problems on a website that I frequent to avoid such high school shananagins.

But I like the idea.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 30 Jun 2005, 23:15

Well, it's mainly for those that have had problems with their journals turning into blackmail material, or a vast wealth of personal feelings that their friends who become members later read, and the journal causes problems.

But that's why the original slogan of the-spot.net was:

the-spot.net - "What you need...to know."

If it can't be known by your mother and lil sister, dont post it on the internet, because it can be traced back to you. But with responsible password distribution, this can help prevent that traceback. ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 30 Jun 2005, 23:29

Yeah like I said it is a good idea. I have a question though. Is there a way to add a password to an already made post. If not that means we are gonna have to start our journals all over again(at least for the ones that want the password protection) I don't mind doing that as a matter of fact I want to start all over, now that I am a changed man,(ha ha kinda) but I am asking mostly for those that need to know.

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 01 Jul 2005, 16:44

Hmm...I kinda like that Idea..but I have a question..

you said mods can view them...but what if I start a thread, but I don't want my brother to see it...since he's a mod, will he still be able to see it???

Or like, if someone wants to plan a surprise for someone, but that person they want to surprise is a mod...they will be able to see it...right?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Jul 2005, 17:18

<_< RC, you can, go back and edit the first post in the thread. Don't restart your journal though, just declare that you're a chaning person ;)

LL: that sucks. That's all I can say about it. It's the permissions. You can try it...I believe it locks out people with equal and lesser permissions. Admin will be able to see everything...but I think mods and under can block things.

You can also try to ban your brother from a topic you start, once he posts in it. Test that in the MIT forum.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]