watching posts
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

watching posts

by Bcjammer » 11 Feb 2004, 10:56

If you read a post, do you then get an email when someone posts something new...or is it only post that you yourself have posted?

Like let's say I read someones very first post...but I don't reply...does it then tell me when someone does reply? Or will it only send me and email if I myself post in the thread?
SOW what?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Feb 2004, 13:49

Think if it this way:

When you post a reply, you check the box to "Send me an email when someone replies to this post." So that's what it does. You have to reply first, and then it send you an email telling you someone replied to YOUR post, not to the thread.

***NOTE: And for those that do use this function, be CERTAIN you check your email on a DAILY, or even every 4 HOURS. Some people like to have replies sent to them about EVERY post, and when their inbox fills up, I get all their notifications...and I don't need them, I check the site regularly.

It happened with the last site, but if people start letting their inbox get full again, and I start getting all the notifications, then I will disable this function.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 11 Feb 2004, 23:54

When I was a newbie I checked the site because I relied on my email to tell me about new posts. But, like Neo, I find it MUCH easier by just going to the site. I try to check the site as much as I can, though, since my schedule is really busy! :? I've changed it to where I don't get those emails anymore about replies. They get real annoying after a while.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 12 Feb 2004, 00:01

hehehe....for some reason...mine would automatically go to my junk mail folder in hotmail...i never told it to go there...but they did...so then finally i made it to where i stopped getting e-mails..cuz they were really annoying me! lol... 8)

Bad-Mojo
Gamer Extraordinaire

by Bad-Mojo » 12 Feb 2004, 04:26

What the hell... you get an email for every time there is a new post?? I never knew that! So that is why I have a fresh count of 400 everytime I delete my spam folder when checking my email... learn something new everyday. :P

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 12 Feb 2004, 20:01

Whoa! All of mine go to my junk mail, too...
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 14 Feb 2004, 01:24

how do you STOP watching a thread?
SOW what?

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 14 Feb 2004, 10:59

at the bottom of the thread...on the left...there should be something that says stop watching thread..or something like that...just click on that..

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Feb 2004, 13:39

Well, there you go. I have never watched a thread, so I didn't know that answer.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 14 Feb 2004, 14:35

oh my goodness...you mean...I actually knew something that Neo didn't????? wow... 8)