kazaa, morphius? WHO KNOWS?.....Neo...maybe
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

O
Undefeated of The East

by O » 13 Sep 2004, 00:32

Bittorrent is what i have downloaded all my music from recently, i downloaded 1gig of songs of suprnova.org in less than a day and its like 500 songs. Thats pimp, and its quick, you can get entire albums for 41mbs or so.

[wizard]
1337 h4x0r 4dm!n

by [wizard] » 15 Sep 2004, 16:07

stealing music off the internet is wrong and illegal. use http://www.itunes.com.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 15 Sep 2004, 17:28

if it's wrong and illegal, then why does Microsoft Windows Media player let you copy CDs to your computer, then copy them back to CDs? Surely not so you can have a "backup" ...but you can also give your friends copies of those CDs. Someone along the lines paid for those CDs, just like recording music from the radio.

But anyway, I download music so that I will know if it is something that I will want to spend money on and buy. There are a couple CDs that I have bought because I downloaded the music for them, but couldn't find it all.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

O
Undefeated of The East

by O » 15 Sep 2004, 22:57

Neo wrote:But anyway, I download music so that I will know if it is something that I will want to spend money on and buy. There are a couple CDs that I have bought because I downloaded the music for them, but couldn't find it all.
Exactly, if there is something i really like and is readily available ill buy it if its really good. But music that is hard to find I usually download.

kaze
The Dark Wind Star

by kaze » 22 Sep 2004, 21:03

kaze wrote:Apparently, I've been havin' trouble trying to use Bit Torrents. Like it won't download. Do I have to be a member of something or what? I need help! Kuroki Kaze
Hello? can somebody help me with this problem? Cuz I still don't know what to do!
Check out my: TSN Journal

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B
Location: Nac.>Tx>US>North America>West Hemisphere>Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Univer

by Frankli » 22 Sep 2004, 22:13

kaze wrote:
kaze wrote:Apparently, I've been havin' trouble trying to use Bit Torrents. Like it won't download. Do I have to be a member of something or what? I need help! Kuroki Kaze
Hello? can somebody help me with this problem? Cuz I still don't know what to do!
Ok. Here's what you do:

When you install Bittorrent and go to a torrent site (suprnova.org is a good one) and download this file called a .torrent file. Once you've done that, all you have to do is double click on the .torrent file, the bittorrent client will pop up asking where you would like to download the file to. Select the directory of where you would like the file to go, click OK, and it'll download.

Go [url=http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=1469]here[/url] for some useful info about bittorrent. :D

Bad-Mojo
Gamer Extraordinaire

by Bad-Mojo » 23 Sep 2004, 08:54

Neo wrote:if it's wrong and illegal, then why does Microsoft Windows Media player let you copy CDs to your computer, then copy them back to CDs? Surely not so you can have a "backup" ...but you can also give your friends copies of those CDs. Someone along the lines paid for those CDs, just like recording music from the radio.
I was curious about exactly how illegal it really is so I wrote a research paper over this topic outlining ethical reasons and I researched the costs of each CD and how much the recording companies susposedly lose. Along some ethical line, I agree that it is somewhat wrong concerning the business... I also read documents on official research of other individuals that record companies receive a percentage... albeit very small, of the profits made from selling blank CD's and CD burners that is totally legal.... so they are not completely losing out on money here. Neither are the recording artists... the only celebrity musicians that are losing money are the highly famous celebrities who suffer to lose a few million when they're already making millions... how is it their right to decide they should receive just a few million more when they are already so successful financially? How can they justify that?

Any ways, this post probably seems long winded and you've probably all heard this before and are sick of it. It's probably full of "holes" for those of you who like to tear a persons post apart but oh well... :D I say download what you can't find and buy whats readily availale and cheap.

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 23 Sep 2004, 08:58

YARRR!

Some people like to use soul seek...and some like to use ares...

I guess you could find them if you were interested and looked for them on google...
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

kaze
The Dark Wind Star

by kaze » 26 Sep 2004, 14:47

most of the ones I hear either have spyware or secret adware. Trust me its happened lots of times and numerously had to clean my computer from viruses, until I find one that doesn't support 3rd party software, I won't download it.BTW, thanks for the tips.See ya, Kaze.
Check out my: TSN Journal

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
nfo

by nfo » 01 Oct 2004, 17:21

[url]http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=605[/url]