Project: Phoenix
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Project: Phoenix

by Neo » 01 Feb 2006, 09:17

February is the month for bringing the-spot.net back to life. Why? Because it's marking the change from the old server to the new server as complete, and bringing about new changes in the way we use the-spot.net and interact with people.

What do I mean? I mean that in 2006 new features are being developed to change how we use the internet...they're being developed all over the internet, not just here. Its in a movement that has been dubbed "Web 2.0" I'm sure some of you that keep up with these kinds of things have heard of it. But here...on tsn, we're also making come changes.

:arrow: What I need y'all to do is simple: Tell 2 people about the-spot.net, and if they like it, have them tell 2 people, etc.

Tell your friends, tell their friends. None of this stuff is going to be meaningful unless there are people here to use it. Need some good reasons? Here you go:

- A new My Spot page is being drawn up, and should go into effect by this summer. It'll be more streamlined, and load faster, and have better customization.

- tsnlocal.net will launch this summer to bring together all the people of the-spot.net that have scattered to other parts of the world. Where once you could go next-door to show your friends something, you now have to mail it to them. Not any longer. With the launch of tsnlocal.net, sharing will be just like you were back in the same neighborhood (provided your computer will meet the specified system requirements).

- the freeformfrog.com will start its campaign to reach out to organizations and individuals to promote its services. New items will be added (when possible) every 7-10 days....with a goal of reaching a "New Thing Thursday."

- thepizzy.net will start taking a better shape in March as the "prequel" to the-spot.net. It's where the ideas for tsn are developed and nurtured...where technology for the-spot is developed and discussed...and where you'll be able to test the next versions of the site in beta form.

- the "WZUP project" (as kaze put it) will be changing its name to the-bandwagon.com and taking shape in March. I've planned (but don't know that I'll be albe to, due to school) a trip to Austin in March and September to attend some music festivals to bring in local and start-up bands. The-Bandwagon.com will be their launching pad to get them some money for their band. I'll be pushing my talked with a record label some of my friends were trying to start up to see about getting them involved with helping these bands.

- And the-blot.net will start development in April/May. It will bring your journals together like you've not seen before, and make reading them even easier. We can't release too many details on this because someone will take the idea and use it. But it will be revolutionary.

- As for punix-gt.com, that's still under development. UPS doesn't have constant internet access, and he's going through some personal issues right now. Plus, it's a different kind of site, and I've found some new ways of doing things that I want to test with it.

The-spot.net is finally at the point where it branches out - as was invisioned in the earliest days of tsnI...when the .net was chosen, and the-spot.net was linked with ibjay.net to form a website mini-network with big plans. Since then, ibjay.net has died and IBJay has gone on to do other things non-internet related. But the-spot.net is still around, and moving forward with that vision.

So tell your friends, and bring them here. Tell your siblings (if they're old enough) and get them on here too. It's the spot! Where it's just like home...only different!
Last edited by Neo on 03 Feb 2006, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 01 Feb 2006, 19:06

Wow...you seem to have come a long way.

BTW, Kaozarcher hasn't been coming here. I asked why, and he said he doesnt even have internet at home anymore...so it's gonna be kinda difficult for him to come back...oh well.

I'm gonna try to find some ppl tho...its hard to actually snatch one and keep 'em coming.

I really need to get a new computer soon so i can see and use all this new updated way of the internet. I'm totally missing out LOL
Smile for the camera! :D

kaze
The Dark Wind Star

by kaze » 03 Feb 2006, 15:44

I've noticed that too. A lot of users who signed up here don't come around anymore. (I'm talkin about the ones who haven't been around since like the beginning of tsn itself here.) And also the ones who don't post much here.

If I was in Neo's shoes, which I'm kind of glad I'm not, I would just find that to be really annoying. But, of course, he has more things to worry about than that type of problem.

Oh well, I can't wait for the WZUP project to come out around March...Keep it up Neo! :wink:
Check out my: TSN Journal

Neo
The One

by Neo » 03 Feb 2006, 16:08

FBM I got a PR project for you...i'll post it for you! your first!
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 03 Feb 2006, 18:40

hey, i cant find anyones email...so yea, youre gonna have to help me with that part. okie dokie?!
Smile for the camera! :D