tsnV New Features
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Is this thread helpful?

Yes, Very
67%
Yes, kinda
33%
No, not really.
No votes
No, I didn't find what I was looking for.
No votes

Total votes: 9
StarLitDancer
Level 12 - Topic Spell Adept

by StarLitDancer » 01 Jul 2005, 17:22

I have split feelings about the password feature. I kinda find it useless because if you are going to post something innapropriate, go post on livejournal or something. I have two journals, one here and one on livejournal because I knew from the very beginning that there would be a couple of people I didn't want to know about certain things of my life.
"Stop hatin', start participatin'" "Come on, twinkle twinkle, baby, twinkle twinkle"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Jul 2005, 23:44

The password topic thing is going bai bai tomorrow night. I am finding that it's interfering with the Quick Reply and Quick Edit...which seem to be of more use right now than the Passworded Topics.

I might bring it back at a later date ...but just stick with it until tomorrow evening, when I take it back down. *sigh*
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

StarLitDancer
Level 12 - Topic Spell Adept

by StarLitDancer » 02 Jul 2005, 00:35

RAR, I can't post reply to almost anything. This is so homo. Neo just answered why I probably couldn't reply to anything. RAR RAR
"Stop hatin', start participatin'" "Come on, twinkle twinkle, baby, twinkle twinkle"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Jul 2005, 18:47

ok, I got rid of the Passworded Topics feature. But this time I learned a lesson, and saved a backup copy of the moded pages so I can bring it back later, or figure out why it didn't work by putting it on another site.

I will also keep a back up of pre-moded pages so I don't have to spend so much time undoing the code. Granted it took 40 minutes to UNinstall the code, where as it said it would take 40 to INstall it...but it took much longer.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Jul 2005, 23:37

Seeing as how I have been gone all day today, and will be out of town tomorrow - it looks like Monday will be the first day that I have to work on the site - so I'll probably do what I can about gettin' crackin' on the Punix-GT site.

For those that don't read my journal, you can keep track of the progress at:
http://www.the-spot.net/punix.php
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 04 Jul 2005, 00:02

All right! The Punix site is in motion and whatnot! That'll be great! Didn't the old (old old) version have something strictly for Punix, or was that like it is now with the Photobook?
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jul 2005, 09:19

I don't know what you're talking about baka...i don't think there ever used to be a punix site...this is the first time I've made one.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 04 Jul 2005, 11:39

I think by "old version(old old)" he meant the old the-spot. I think what he was trying to ask is, was there something strckly for Punix or was it just a "put into the photobook" ordeal. At least that is what I got off of it. But reagardless it doesn't make since to me, because I wasn't around for the old the spot.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jul 2005, 11:41

On tsnIII UPS hosted his images somewhere else, and linked to them on tsn.

Here, now they will be hosted here, and everything done inside his Punix-GT Album.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

= SIR JAD =
The Ultimate Gaming Chef

by = SIR JAD = » 13 Jul 2005, 15:30

ok soooo what you pretty much explained about Spotics and Blingbling.. is that after maxing out your spotics in 1 day at 2.5 and doing that for 250 days you get .01 blingblings... sooo in about 4 years you will have enough to buy one of the cheapest items in the Freeforum Frog... or explain it to me in a PM if you want to... but that isn';t much of a reason to post... to get something after 4 years.... that is kinda gay... but yeah maybe explain it to me if I am wrong...
I CHALLENGE YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO A COOKING DUEL.... and if she beats me.. She and I will play Unreal Tournament...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 13 Jul 2005, 15:34

No, you're wrong...that would be gay.
Neo wrote:So we have BlingBling ;) . This will be the cash equivalent to your discounts in the Freeform Frog store. 1,250 Spotics = $0.01 BlingBling. Sure, it seems like a lot to post to get a penny off the merchandise...but Spotics are easy to get, and if you max out your Spotics for the day it will only take you 2.5 days to earn .01 bling...which means that after 250 days you'll have $1.00.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 13 Jul 2005, 16:05

...what?

How can you get 1250 spotics in 2.5 days???

You would have to post like 500 times in those two days...

I mean cause the spotics i have...i got them in about 400 posts or so...

When I wrote the game reviews, I got the like 30 spotics in almost a whole page of text. So I would have to write like the equvielent of 125 game revies to get 1250 spotics?

How does one do that in 2.5 days.

I mean if we had a lot more members we could post all day to keep up with all of them...but I just don't see that happening in today's the-spot.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".

Neo
The One

by Neo » 13 Jul 2005, 16:07

*shrugs* content post whores...that is a BEST case scenario. The average user, or even you or I who post a lot during the day still won't reach the max efficiency.

But you have to look at it this way - it's a CASH discount. It shouldn't be easy to get, or tsn wouldn't make any money when we opened the store.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 13 Jul 2005, 16:16

Oh I have no, and I mean no, arguments that it should be hard to get...That is why I have not argued about it...

I just didn't know if that was possible...But yeah you should make it hard.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 13 Jul 2005, 16:18

I think the settings and the calculations are done right...so it should be attainable. I haven't actually tried it though - I did reach the max spotics I could get in a day yesterday though - which is 500...so if you do 500 for 2.5 days, that's 1250...I think there is a max spotics per post though too...but I could be wrong.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]