Problems with the server...
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Problems with the server...

by Neo » 09 Mar 2004, 16:59

Greetings,

THIS EMAIL IS FOR CLIENTS ON SOLARIS WEB SERVER ONLY. INCASE YOU ARE NOT ON
SOLARIS WEB SERVER, PLEASE IGNORE THIS EMAIL.

-----------
As you know solaris server is facing small problems for the last 2 days or so.

Currently solaris web server is up and running as usual.

We have upgraded the kernel on it and made other tweaks plus are going to do
hardware checks too. There could be short downtimes for about 30 minutes during which
the server is checked. We will try our best to do these hardware checks at night
(US timings) but may do them before if the datacenter staff requests us to do so.

Kindly bear with us while we find out the cause and solution to the solaris
problems.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience these short downtimes might cause you.
Kindly do not submit server down tickets since we are already working on the web
server. We just want to let you know that we are aware of the issues and are trying
are best to resolve them asap.

Regards
Safvan.

Ok, I got this email a couple days ago and shared it with UPS. I thought they would have fixed their crap by now, but they haven't. This is the reason that the home page is loading slow, and the site is down frequently. All I can do is wait it out. I have changed a couple things in the home page to make it load quicker, but that only affected it by a fraction of a second. The reason it loads slowly vs all the other pages, is because it makes several different queries to the database. That is what gives it the features that it has to make it the My Spot page.

We'll just have to wait this out.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]