Ding...Incoming Idea
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Good Idea, Bad Idea?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0
RageCage
The OUTMATE

Ding...Incoming Idea

by RageCage » 30 May 2005, 16:58

You know, I look around and I think to myself, it would really be cool if we had a sports talk forum. I know I could really just put it in Kickback Cafe if I wanted, but I just think that it is important enough. Kinda like movie talk, bookmarks, music notes, where is sports. Hey if I am the only one that cares, dont worry about it. But I bet i would help give more diversity to the-spot member list. Just an idea.

Baka tells me that there used to be one. But that is when I wasn't here. I will tear it up playa!!!

:pimp:
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".
War is not about what's right. It's about what's left.
Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 30 May 2005, 18:49

Well...that's what the Gaming Discussions forum is for. Granted it's geared towards video games mostly - but that's becuase not many people here appear to be interested in Sport.

With the new site, there will be a Popculture forum, with sub-forums for the different aspects of pop cultuer - like movies, music, books, religion, politics, and probably even sports.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 30 May 2005, 22:41

Alright, I appreciate it. Sounds like a good idea with the next spot. But I am sure you knew that.
They say "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is "Evil prevails".

RageCage
The OUTMATE

by RageCage » 11 Jun 2005, 21:56

Hey, Neo I was thinking that we really need a way to reach out to the guests. Just now I was looking and it said we had 4, and that is when the idea hit me. Is it possible to have a way to talk to the guests? You know, to tell them what the website is about, let them know what we are all about, and tell them what to do to become a member. The reason I bring this up is mostly because when people visit, the site might be a little confusing. This might be a bad idea but maybe a pop-up or something to invite them to the chat rooms once we get them up. Even have a newcomer chat room where guests can talk to members. That would be super great.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 12 Jun 2005, 01:11

It would except:
1.) The "guests" are usually search bots, caching the pages for google, yahoo or msn.
2.) Popup blockeres will block popups.
3.) There is a way to actually talk to the guests - I had it on etbustudents.cc, but it's not worth the trouble of installing, and doing. There is information on the front page for them to read to know about the site - but beyond that, I can't make them read it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]