Was I Seeing Things?
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B
Location: Nac.>Tx>US>North America>West Hemisphere>Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Univer

Was I Seeing Things?

by Frankli » 04 Jun 2005, 07:08

The other day when I was visiting the TSN threads, I noticed that someone else's name had appeared on the "created by" section of the sticky polls in the Kick Back Cafe. If memory serves me right it was Fire something. I can't remember the last. It struck me as odd because the day before they were created by Neo, then (yesterday) they're created by this FIre guy, and then it's back to Neo today.

So am I just seeing things or what?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jun 2005, 07:12

Negative.

Yesterday, I changed my name to The Fork to see if anyone would recognize and what kind of a commotion would be caused if I did such a thing as change my name.

There will come a time though when I cannot use a copyrighted name (with the assumption that Neo is copyrighted) to represent myself, I believe, when everything starts to get trademarked, copyrighted, and turned into a company here.

There was a disturbance in the Force to say the least - because people are used to seeing me as Neo. Granted, I wouldn't really change my name to The Fork <_< ...that's kinda goofy - but that's why I picked it yesterday.

But we'll see what happens. They can't copyright a latin word, I don't think - just the character Neo in the movie.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 04 Jun 2005, 08:33

Well, you had the name before the movie came out, so I dont' think you should get in trouble for it.

If you were to get in 'trouble' for anything, it would be the the picture or the title (The One).

I think you're okay, but I honestly don't know.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Rage
Cheese. 'Nuff Said.

by Rage » 04 Jun 2005, 10:43

That's like me coming out of the blue and saying, "For smurfs sake, I am the original creator of the emotion, RAGE! Therefore, it is mine. If you are using it, I WILL EAT YOUR MONIES!!111"

...Pure, smurf-poo.
There is no signat-

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B
Location: Nac.>Tx>US>North America>West Hemisphere>Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Univer

by Frankli » 04 Jun 2005, 17:25

You could try and spell it a different way. I was reading a book called The Art of Intrusion and there's this (real) hacker that goes by the alias ne0h. Maybe you could do something similar?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jun 2005, 20:51

KD wrote:Well, you had the name before the movie came out, so I dont' think you should get in trouble for it.
Negative. I said I chose the name before I SAW The Matrix. The movie came out in 1999...I didn't see it until mid 2002...I chose the name shortly before I *gasp*downloaded the movie.

And it was consequently a movie that I when out and bought BECAUSE I liked it so much after I downloaded it. ^_^ .

And I made the avatar. And I believe the phrase "The One" is not copyrighted. <_<...or I shall become Duo, "The Two"...but even then, there is a character in The Animatrix named Duo. <_< So I should be Tri...no wait...Trinity <_< can't do. Besides...who wants to be The Three :razz: .

And Frankli: I could be N30...after all, that is what I am going to get on my personalized license plates: N30 TSN...or NEO TSN if I can.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 04 Jun 2005, 21:02

NEO wrote:I chose the name shortly before I *gasp*downloaded the movie.
Pirating movies and you're worrying about copyright? :roll: What a dork you are.
:disappear:

:lol:
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 05 Jun 2005, 00:38

hey...i went and bought it afterward.

I think downloading movies for the purpose of screening them first should be ok. You just ought to go buy them if you like them.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

thisisme
Level 1 - New Player

by thisisme » 05 Jun 2005, 01:20

It all seems sorta shady to me. Why can't we simply exist in a world where ideas occur to us & we go with them? Why should one (or the One) worry over copyright enfringement? I might seem naive here, but isn't "imitation the sincerest form of flattery?' How sad our American society has become when every little thing is a threat or call to arms instead of praise/ positive endorsement of a cool ongoing idea????
thisisme "What gives me the right to say what I like?"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 05 Jun 2005, 01:24

It's all about $$$.

Someone thought of it first, and wants to get paid everytime someone else uses it. People are greedy and want credit for things they came up with. So to prevent people from stealing their thunder, they copyright it, force the other people to pay them, and then they get their recognition.

Selfishness is what it all boils down to...and that's not American Society...that's mankind for you.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

thisisme
Level 1 - New Player

Call me a humanitarian

by thisisme » 05 Jun 2005, 01:29

Hey, forget about the $$$. Its well known that everything boils down to that, then what? THEN WHAT, I say? Then you are wealthy in a monetary sense, then what? What is beyond this myopic scope the earth? Maybe no one really knows...
thisisme "What gives me the right to say what I like?"

Neo
The One

by Neo » 05 Jun 2005, 11:14

The question "then what?" normally opens a big can of worms on this site ;) ...I hope you are prepared for the responses.

I'll split this topic when I get the forum created for it. Then you'll have your reason for coming back to the site.

But "then what" you say?....any takers? ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 06 Jun 2005, 14:17

Neo, I don't think it should be a problem for you to keep the name Neo. I have a friend that really is named Neo. No one can stop you from having that name. So don't worry about it. You are Neo. That's what we all know you by, and that's what we will always know you by.