"the new tsn..." wizard, reporting live w/ questi
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

[wizard]
1337 h4x0r 4dm!n

"the new tsn..." wizard, reporting live w/ questi

by [wizard] » 14 Dec 2004, 17:23

Neo, the countdown is on....

Do you think you'll make the Jan 1st deadline for the new site?

Will the users see any downtime as files and/or images are updated and refreshed?

Will there be any new services offered with the new site such as email, picture book, etc?

There has been rumor that the new site is in place but your waiting for 1/1/05 to release it. If this is so, is there any beta testing going on behind scenes? Will you incorporate beta testers for an early release?

Thanks for all you do here. This site means alot to alot of people as a good way of communcation between friends and a great way to meet new , exciting, and awsome people.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 15 Dec 2004, 01:45

Errr...I really don't like it when people answer questions directed towards me. It puts words in my mouth, and provides potentially false information.

The Jan 1st deadline will in all likelihood be pushed back. But I may have some surprises up my sleeve yet.

As far as downtime, negative. I have no downtime when I change over versions. One might have to refresh the page because it only loads half of the code (if they load the page that is being uploaded to the server). But I normally do the version change (I say normally...i've only done it once) around 4:00, 5:00 a.m.

There is already an email on the website...however, it is not open to the general public at this time...only administration. It is a possibility that at some point while the new site is up, that the email offer will be extended as a pay-service, to raise money for any future server upgrades...the-spot.net is not a for-profit organization, all the money donated is put back into the cost of maintaing the site.

I intend to have the picture book (called Photobook) running once again. There will also be the Punix GT comic strip, GRiP, possibly the WZUP Radio, and of course, the new and improved forums for tsn and all the other features - each feature will have their own set of forums - each incorporated with one username and login.

And to address the rumors...there is a code located on the internet that will be used for the new site, but it is not visible by anyone on this site but me - because I wrote that into the code ;) .

There is/was beta testing being done behind the scenes...and everything that you've been shown about the minimalistic new version of the site is wrong...I have created yet another version - corresponding with the images posted in the TSN Special Report thread. And I have not done beta-testers before, because I normally only use the new version, and that pretty much beta-tests it thoroughly on all levels of functionality.

I can say this, there is going to be a lot of new options for the users to enter information about themselves if they want to be more publicly known...and there are other new settings that some will find useful. I'll give the beta-testers some thought though.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

[wizard]
1337 h4x0r 4dm!n

by [wizard] » 15 Dec 2004, 21:00

thanks for talking with us neo.

i'm wizard live with neo, back to you guys at home.