Not Actually a Question...
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

Not Actually a Question...

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 05 Sep 2004, 14:07

(You tell me where I was supposed to put this)

I just thought I'd let you know, Neo, that when I get a private message on tsn, and that little email gets sent to me saying I have one, Yahoo! Mail automatically sorts it into the Bulk Mail (Spam) folder.

Dunno if there's a way for you to change that or what. Its not a problem for me, but just letting ya know.
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B
Location: Nac.>Tx>US>North America>West Hemisphere>Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Univer

by Frankli » 05 Sep 2004, 14:10

In your bulk mail folder there should be a button above the e-mails that says "Not Spam." Just check the e-mail message you get from tsn, and hit the "Not Spam" button, and the rest of the e-mails you get from tsn will go in your regular inbox.

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 05 Sep 2004, 15:12

Is that the same for Hotmail, too? cause I know of some other emails that come to me that I'm expecting but they go immediately to my bulk... it can get annoying... >_>
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B
Location: Nac.>Tx>US>North America>West Hemisphere>Earth>Solar System>Milky Way>Univer

by Frankli » 05 Sep 2004, 16:06

I'm not sure about that, but there might be if you look hard enough. I never used hotmail before, so I don't really know.

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Grey

by Grey » 05 Sep 2004, 17:02

once you open the message, there should be a button at the top (near reply, forward, etc.) that says "not junk"
click that.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 05 Sep 2004, 21:57

Good job y'all..and there's your answer Gato...it's not something that I can do for you.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 06 Sep 2004, 12:45

Grey wrote:once you open the message, there should be a button at the top (near reply, forward, etc.) that says "not junk"
click that.
But that's only for that particular email. When the sender sends another email, hotmail puts it in my bulk again... :?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 06 Sep 2004, 12:58

um...don't use free email <_< . :razz: I don't know becuase I use the-spot.net email, and it gets sent directly to my computer.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Frankli
%67%65%65%6B

by Frankli » 06 Sep 2004, 15:45

Neo wrote:um...don't use free email <_< . :razz: I don't know becuase I use the-spot.net email, and it gets sent directly to my computer.
I use free e-mail: GMAIL! It's smurfin awesome, man! No need to put any of my emails on my computer, cuz I got a whole gig of email storage through gmail!

Too bad it's on an invite-only basis.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 06 Sep 2004, 20:38

I turned down the invite, because I have a whole gig of storage, and my email says @the-spot.net :razz: .
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 09 Sep 2004, 00:59

Well, see, I know how to sort it out so that it doesn't hit the bulkmail. That's not the problem.

I just thought that I'd let Neo know that it does that to begin with, because he may have not been aware it gets sorted that way in a free email filter. Some email services have ways for you to put yourself on a non-spammer list so that doesn't happen, and I didn't know if they had a way to do that on tsn or not.
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 09 Sep 2004, 01:05

Yeah, thanks for letting me know...that would explain why some people don't get the emails that I send for announcements like the Bible Study. I guess I should just post a TSN Special Report about them also.

But nope, there is nothing I can do about it on this end. Everyone has to check their own junk mail folder.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]