Sorry, But Trust Me, I've Found an Impossibility!!!
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

baka sushi
Aqua Man

Sorry, But Trust Me, I've Found an Impossibility!!!

by baka sushi » 29 Jul 2004, 04:17

Okay, NEO...you're so powerful, right? Well, I'ma gonna' trust you with this one, okay? BUT you have to be completely honest!! Seriously, I wanna' know...
Okay, one day in English class, I was mumbling something over and over to myself...my teacher asked me what I was saying...I got so friggin' mad suddenly, stood up, and shouted, "It's ompossible! It can't be! There's no way!!!" I was trying to say a question, without sounding like a question...you know how questions always have that thing, that "tone" that tells you, "Oh, he's askin' a question..."
Obvioulsy, it doesn't matter if you write it....that's easy, just don't put a ? at the end...be honest...say something like, "Where are you going." and not sound like a question...or, "Would you close that door." You gotta' know what I'm talking about, right? You can ALWAYS tell when something is a question...it's impossible to say a question without sounding like you are...just try...and be honest!!! You can't! Arrrrrrgh*
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 29 Jul 2004, 07:23

bs, its early in the morning. dont worry about it. stop drinking coffee and go to sleep.
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 29 Jul 2004, 10:34

Random, but you make me think of something. Did you know that in Swedish there is no word for Please? If you want to say like Please pass the peas, you have to be like... Could you ever so kindly, if its not too much trouble, pass the peas over here?
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Jul 2004, 10:53

So, baka...what exactly are you asking me.
:p

the reaSon it Sounds like a question is because of the tone of the end of the sentence...it raises and fades out toward the end.

the way to get aound it is to always issue commands: would you close the door?
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 29 Jul 2004, 23:19

Don't MEAN it like a question, make it SOUND like a question!! It's impossible...I'll show all of you at the LAN party?
URG-URG-GURK!

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 30 Jul 2004, 10:44

ok. why not just dont ask questions? just make vague statements to points and things and hope that everyone knows what ur talking about?
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 30 Jul 2004, 12:45

Well...look, I just know it's impossible...okay? There's no way to ask a question without sounding as though you're asking one...that's all I'm saying...and hey, it was a little too early when I posted it in another one of my all-nighters, and it was still early when you read it, but..it's still true...impossible...
URG-URG-GURK!

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 30 Jul 2004, 16:11

What.
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 30 Jul 2004, 20:13

Oh, now i understand what you're saying. and it's not impossible. i do it all the time when i am talking to people. it's how you get them to tell you what you want to know, without asking it directly.

one way (though it's not how i do it) is to say:
"i would like to know if you understand what i am saying." ;)

sorry baka...but your theory is just bs.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 30 Jul 2004, 23:39

No, no, no, no, no, no for the one-billionth time!!
That still wasn't a question, NEO! You just said you'd like to know something!! You never asked a question! Truem what you said implied that you needed to know something, but it wasn't a question!
Look...say this: will you come?
Now, say it again, THE SAME WAY, and DON'T SOUND LIKE YOU'RE ASKING A QUESTION!
I may be mad, but I know this is true! Look, if all else fails, I will just have to show you tomorrow! Trust me, NEO! For once, I know what I'm talking about!
URG-URG-GURK!