pop up omg
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Grey

pop up omg

by Grey » 01 Jul 2004, 04:30

ok, what.
i just got a popup on tsn.
i neveeer get popups here.
what gives.
is it cause i didnt buy one of the freeform frog shirts or something???
i mean, if i had enough money i would...
but this ad...
its like im being stoled from...
and i dont like it.
:poke:
the one on the left is the popup
and the one on the right is my feelings.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 01 Jul 2004, 05:21

TSN doesn't have any popups, no ads, no nothing. The only exception to this, is if you have a Private Message (in which you can disable the popup that tells you that you have a private message in your Profile). Its possible that its a popup from some other rouge site, but I assure you that TSN is popup free.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Grey

by Grey » 01 Jul 2004, 09:21

hrm. it was an ad for something for free gasoline... im pretty sure it wasnt from something else.. but you never know...

~*~star~*~
Level 11 - Post Spell Adept

by ~*~star~*~ » 01 Jul 2004, 17:22

one day. . humans will be unable to use the internet . . . the screens covered in popups. . . . computers freeezing!!. . . . mouses breaking!!!!. . . . Missles launching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh sorry gotta little carried away. . . . i hate popups :(
Chaque fois que tu te sentiras seul, regarde les etoiles. seulement pour trouver l'un qui m'aime. =( This town wouldn't be so bad if a girl could trust her instincts or even if a girl could trust a boy

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 01 Jul 2004, 17:39

it could be something to do with your computer... I've been getting some random popups coming up lately and I don't know how to get ride of them. but tsn, no, I know for sure that the only popups that I get from tsn is if I have a Private Messege. I like having a sudden anouncement when I get a PM. :P
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 01 Jul 2004, 17:57

If you hate pop ups, download the Google tool bar add-on. It has a built in pop up blocker that works REALLY well.
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Jul 2004, 22:39

Yes, UPS is right - tsn has NO ads, NO popups, and NO spam mail. The reason I pay for the web space, is because Lycos would stick ads on our pages after I wrote a code to block popups and ads from them...(they realized they weren't making any money off of us ;) )

But you need to download Spybot - Search and Destroy, and also Adaware, and then see if that cures your popups. I also have Norton Internet Security and use the MSN Toolbar, and I never get popups...it even blocks the PM ones from here, which I had to make it allow.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Crimson Death
The Grinning Reaper

by Crimson Death » 02 Jul 2004, 17:08

yeah, i've actually gotten pop ups while not even surfing. just playing a game and *pop* *pop* spyware sucks.
- Crimson Death