doctor pepper
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

Crimson Death
The Grinning Reaper

by Crimson Death » 14 Jun 2004, 21:09

as much as i hate all this crap about the atkins diet on tv, it is at least a sign that maybe people will get out of this "obesity epidemic bull crap"

i hate anything "diet", to me "diet" means "tastes like poo"
- Crimson Death

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 14 Jun 2004, 23:12

God gave you legs use them! that's how ya lose weight..by walking and running it off. I seriously doubt the atkin's diet works. Has anyone noticed lately that they've been pushing it on tv?
GIT' R ' DONE! yeeeaah boi!

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 15 Jun 2004, 12:59

Yeah, I nkow! Everything is "Atkins Friendly", or whatever...that's so friggin' stupid! Now, I'm not big on (in fact, I rather despise) fried chicken such as KFC, but that commercial about "the only carb that matters is what's under my hood"...that's funny...well, of course, it is telling you to just go get fat by eating their food, but still...
I agree with CD on that..."diet" means "taste like poo", indeed!
The only diet drink that is similar to the real thing is Diet Cherry Coke...but maybe that's because of my obsession manipulating my mind as to think that it does...curse you, Society~
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 15 Jun 2004, 20:53

well overly-obese people are desperate to have someone else's body, see what im sayin? that's kinda why there so gullible and easily-manipulated.

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 15 Jun 2004, 22:04

adkins diet does work...but once you stop it...you will gain it all back...the best one to stick to is weight watchers....but you can't just eat healthy...you have to work out too..that's what i've been doing...i ride a bike, do weights, and go swim laps every morning....and i also eat the weight watchers meals for lunch and dinner...i've been losing weight....and i'm happy!

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 16 Jun 2004, 00:40

Lady Love wrote:i ride a bike, do weights, and go swim laps every morning....
[WoOt] See? THAT'S what everyone needs to be doin', LL! And we are all proud of your accomplishments, aren't we? Especailly since you're happy doin' it! You know what? That means that it works!
Score one for exercise!
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Llamaking 747
The Ass-Whippin' Llama

by Llamaking 747 » 16 Jun 2004, 12:20

agreed on the exercise thing... i've been outta' shape, and i've been in shape. i've had some excess fat (only a llittle). i can say that you feel SO much better when you're in shape! you have more energy, you can eat more (your body is more active in digestion & using the nutrients when your metabolism is more active) and you can be much more confident in your body. eating healthy is important, but exercise is necessary! you can be thin, and still be in worse physical condition than someone who weighs more. there are some seriously muscled people who are not in good shape.

there are no shortcuts to a healthy lifestyle. most good things in life are attained through hard work over an extended period of time!
i put my name at the bottom of everything i write, because some day i might say something worth quoting.

foxy_kj87
The Foxy Redhead

by foxy_kj87 » 17 Jun 2004, 16:27

good job LL. doing it the old fashion. BS is right, everyone should do it like that. These commercials about "atkins dieting" is just a bunch of bull-shiot!