What song do you hate with a passion?
Songs, sounds, stuff that tingles your earballs - it all goes in ear...or here.

Neo
The One

What song do you hate with a passion?

by Neo » 20 Apr 2015, 22:47

I have to always change the channel if they throw back to 1999 and My Heart Will Go On. I loved the song back then, but they overplayed Celine Dion off the radio and into a career in Vegas.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

Re: What song do you hate with a passion?

by Pam » 20 Apr 2015, 22:59

I still love Celine Dion. I will always love Celine Dion! She was the first concert I ever went to! My daddy took me to the concert a week before my 14th birthday, along with my aunt and cousin. My Heart Will Go On is a great song. I wish they hadn't overplayed it so much. :-(

I don't know if there is any song I hate with a passion. I really don't like Weird Al songs much, but my hubby loves them, and drives me crazy with them, so that may be as close as I get. Oh, or if I have to hear Country music so much! OH MY GOSH! I had to turn our tv to the "Jammin" station today at work because I was so over country music! GAH!

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 21 Apr 2015, 04:29

I can't stand 99.99% of country. I'm sure there <i>MIGHT</i> be one country song I would like, but if you were to try to introduce it to me, you better not start off telling me it's country, I'd walk away.

That being said, I'm sorry, but I'm not a Taylor Swift fan.

I'm also not a fan of Metallica either, with the exception of maybe 2 songs, and I wouldn't put them on my mp3 player, otherwise I'd probably just end up hating those 2 songs too.

Can't stand Linkin Park, unless it was by Mr. Hahn.

Can't stand Staind nor Evananesce, or anything of the super-depressing emo genre.

As you can tell, I'm super selective on my music choices. Most people can't seem to understand why I like the music I listen to, but when everything pretty much starts sounding the same with the same content and context, it becomes annoying and finding less originality. Even the beat and chord progression sounds similar, yeah, I need something new.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 21 Apr 2015, 23:32

Wow...no Linkin Park??? or Staind??? So...what kind of music DO you like???

Neo
The One

by Neo » 22 Apr 2015, 10:01

Punix, I had no idea you didn't like Linkin Park - I built 2 versions of the site listening to them (tsnII with hybrid theory and tsnIII with Meteora). And its what I listen to while playing Unreal Tournament.

I don't even know how we became friends :P
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 22 Apr 2015, 14:05

I still like Mr. Hahn...geez...

Their lyrical content was a bit too, um, aggressively depressing for me (apparently that's a thing). Sorry :shrug:

I actually like a lot of video game remixes, Foo Fighters, Cage the Elephant, Deadmau5, Jamie Cullum, instrumentals, etc... And apparently my mp3 has quite a few individual songs from various bands.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 23 Apr 2015, 18:35

Man...I STILL love Linkin Park to this day!! Their newer albums have more songs I don't like, but there are also songs on the newer albums that I love. Also, their songs have gotten less depressing over the years, so maybe you should give them a shot again? As far as a song I hate with a passion....I really can't think of anything right now, but I agree with Punix about Taylor Swift. I don't know why....but I can't stand her or her music. She always gets me to change the radio station pretty quickly.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 23 Apr 2015, 20:21

Man, all the Taylor Swift hate.

I actually quite enjoy some of her newer work - I guess because it's upbeat and not whining about her ex boyfriend...or at least not whining about it with an acoustic guitar and a depressing lyric. These days it's more of a "smurf that guy" vibe. I'm all about "smurf that person" when they're being a smurf.

I just remembered I general don't like Reggae music. It's all treble melody and the occasional repetitive beat that gets to me real quick...same thing with techno. Dubstep is easier though.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 24 Apr 2015, 14:44

Reggae is soooo good!!! It's a let loose, chill out, forget yo worries man! Lol. I was playing some at work the other day, and it totally relaxed my customers!

Also, I don't like a lot of Taylor Swift stuff, but I LOVE Shake it Off or whatever it's called!