Which Language?
Questions about tsn, life, or anything else you would like Neo to answer. He's got the answers, but not necessarily the *right* one.

The Almighty One
The Amazing Forum Whore

Which Language?

by The Almighty One » 31 Jan 2004, 03:49

Hey Neo! In your opinion, which foreign language would be the smarter choice to be fluent in if going into the industrial field of mechanical engineering? Chinese, Japanese, or either? :?

I'm thinking about taking one of them as a second major in college, but I'm not sure of which one would be of more benifit, if one would be. :D
"Lay down, the threat is real, when this sight goes red again. Seeing Red Again!" -Chevelle ~The Almighty One (AKA TAO)

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 31 Jan 2004, 11:55

Hey, TAO...i know a little Japanese, but that's not to answer your question...I'm learning Japanese, but Chinese is next on my agenda....as far as answering your question goes, anyway...I can't...
"mechanical engineering"? I don't really know if I'd trust myself to define that even....
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 14:07

Well, it depends on what country you want to move to. Mechaincal engineering is not restricted to a couple countries, but if you want to make the big bucks, then I would suggest Japanese. Learn their language, and then learn their work ethics.

But also note that they are rich because they reinvest their money. For example, the car industry. They take the profits from the cars they make and buy other American businesses.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Queen Mab

by Queen Mab » 02 Feb 2004, 09:22

chinese! chinese! chinese! --but thats just me :wink:

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 02 Feb 2004, 11:18

from what I understand, is Japanese not derived from Chinese...like it has many similarities but Japanese is a little more complex cause it is more...uh...alive. As Latin is called a dead language I shall call the more used languages alive. Like modern day English (similar to Japanese) as opposed to like....OLD OLD english (similarly to Chinese).

Or should those examples be reversed since our modern English is a butchery to the Queens English? I forget...any way

I would go with Japanese my friend, they've got all the money besides us. But it is field oriented. You might wanna deff. learn Spanish as that language is quickly becoming rampant in America
SOW what?

shinbryan
Level 6 - Quest taker

by shinbryan » 02 Feb 2004, 17:02

chinese... yes..
but which dialect?
:P
Mandarin would be the dialect
:P
And that's the bottomline... coz ShinBryan SAID SO!! Now can you dig that, SUCKAAaa! Image

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 02 Feb 2004, 22:06

Actually, yes, well most of the Japanese characters came from China, bu the language itself is entirely different...ah, si...espanol es muy handy...pero no hablo espanol muy bueno...lo siento! Salvas las ballenas! (I think...)
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 03 Feb 2004, 00:56

oh yeah...dialects thingy sucks..."it sucks ass" (good quote...oops...new post in thread comin on!)

si, *insert spanish verb for to speak* espaniol es ah crap forget it
SOW what?