tsnIV Input and Suggestions
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 21 Jun 2004, 02:53

I dunno.....

if you look at games as a form of art (and I look at everything as a form of art, from playing the guitar to designing it) the idea of genres seems stupid (at least to the true artist) but then again there are certain games that will apeal to a group of people because of the similarities in the game play. In some of them (IE GTA) we'd have to be real careful to put them in a category.

I have come up with a pretty complex list or genres and subgenres:

Racing
Simulation (PGR 2 and RSC 2)
Arcade (Cruisin' USA)
Cartoon (Mario Kart)

Action (more broad than FPS)
Tactical (sneaky) Shooters(Ghost Recon, Hitman)
Large Scale (guns a blazin, multiplayer) Shooters(UT, Halo)
Fighting (Soul Calibur 2, duh)
Adventure (Pirates: Legend of Black Kat, Shinobi)

Dancing (britney spears...DDR)

Strategy
Real Time (star craft)
Turn Based (Civilization 3)
Commercial (Roller Coaster Tycoon, Jurrasic Park: Operation Genesis)

Role Playing Game
Western (Morrowind, Baldurs Gate, the open ended plots)
Eastern (Final Fantasy 7, the linear plots)
Online Massively Multiplayer (Ultima Online)

Puzzle (tetris world)

there is probably a lot I have not thought of yet, but I'm sure somebody will get to it.... also there must me a miscelanous...btw how many genres could you put vice city in? see ya gotta be careful.

also a good idea would be to have a link at the bottom of the genre list (in the same format as the genres) that shows all new(unread) reviews
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Crimson Death
The Grinning Reaper

by Crimson Death » 21 Jun 2004, 21:24

uhh, shouldn't this be in the "game reviews for tsnIV" thread? or does it matter?

either way i'm replying to this there so check it out in the game reviews forum.
- Crimson Death

XxShidobuxX
Da Big Boss

by XxShidobuxX » 11 Jul 2004, 22:51

like every other human i am afraid of change lol i like the spot as it is... DONT LEAVE ME!?!? i dun wanna goo lol . but yea im sure neo will make it bigger better longer and uncut haha j/k. im sure the new one will be awesome some more emoticons would be pimp? lol and mabey more animations around the site? flash videos? dunno a few things that might spice up the life!
-I'm in your forums stealin ur white womens-

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Jul 2004, 23:35

Well, as for the site itself, there will be fewer graphics, to make the ones that ARE there stand out more. I am losing the gradient table headers (the things that look 3D on the tables) and replacing them with a rounded boarder.

The new site will be more stream-lined, and have an even more crisp look to it...the colors will be the same for most things - though some will change. And new logos for some features will be created. Lots of new scripts and codes will have to be designed for all the new features.

All of this must happen while at the same time, I try to get the pages to load faster - that is why the QuickQuip is a permanent "What you need...to know" - the code for it was taking too long to execute because of all the Quips we have - so I am working on a new one.

There's a lot of work to do - and only 5 months to do it. More updates will follow.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 12 Jul 2004, 00:07

I was starting to wonder about that quick quip...kept seeing the same one over and over...and I thought there was a problem all this time ^_^;;;
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed