A Reorganized Forum Index
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

A Reorganized Forum Index

by Neo » 12 May 2004, 16:39

Ok, for those of you that use the Forum Index more than the Newest Post table, this will affect you more than the others.

I have reorganized the forum index, to put some of the less-used, or more "entertaining"-purposed forums into a new section. I also added a forum for the Freeform Frog store, since interest in that seems to be picking up.

While I was modifying things, I decided to also make a new script for the "What's New on The Freeform Frog". There is a new image on the My Spot page, and it won't be updated. However, the link takes you to the section in the store that displays everything that is new for the month. From there you can navigate to other parts of the store, or purchase one of the new items. As of lately, there is a new item just about every day, so be sure to keep checking back. Also, if you want something specially made, you can make your request in the thread in the Freeform Frog forum.

Hope things aren't too confusing - but with growth, reorganization is often necessary.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 May 2004, 01:24

Ok, some updates...

We are rearranging and combining the forums, and their threads...Some of the forums and threads we're deleting. Yes, this will affect your post count, but that is life - it's necessary to remove some of the dead weight on the site, so that things stay neat and orderly.

If you don't read this post, it's your own fault...so don't complain about losing posts...we don't want to hear it. We've told y'all to read this forum for news about the site...we'll see who reads it and who doesn't. ;)

Here's what we're changing:
= The Shopper's Almanac - deleted....threads - moved to The Crib
= Your Neck of the Woods - Combined with In The News...threads - combined...new name: Local News

****Also, we are going to phase out the Scene, but not heard thread...the Soundtrack to your life thread...and Book Worms thread. These will be turned into Movie Reviews, Music Reviews, and Book Reviews - since that was their original purpose. We'll create a new forum for the discussion of general topics on all three, but combined into one forum - but this is a gradual phase out...not immediate.

****Game Reviews has new guidelines. For those that intend to use the Game Reviews to get into E3 next year, a format must be used when reviewing games. UPS is posting the guidelines for said format, and if your post is not in that format, it will be PMed back to you, and your thread deleted (that way you don't lost your information, and can start over with the proper format) If the gamers want to get into the professional gaming convention, you have to have a professional gaming review setup. (More to come on this later)

I will post more updates as we have them.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 19 Aug 2004, 00:44

Well, we've done it again...

We have once again reorganized the forum index, to resemble something closer to what it will look like when the new site is released. There are still some forums that will be combined, deleted, and added...but this is primarily what it will be organized into:

The-Spot.net Information
Discussions Amongst Yourself
The-Spot.net Misc. Forums

Grip
The Photobook

And other's that are not created yet:
WZUP Radio
Punix-GT

Hope it doesn't cause too much confusion...but if you use the MySpot page (like it was intended) things will appear like normal, and it won't be so hard to find your forums. ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 19 Aug 2004, 15:02

The changes seem pretty cool. It kinda sums things up and combines and all that good stuff. But the one called Relationships...I liked the name Playas and Honeys better. It's more creative. Is there a reason you changed the name of that one??
Smile for the camera! :D

dlandre
Level 10 - Purchase Special Title

by dlandre » 19 Aug 2004, 19:13

I have a question: Why doesnt the newest post table thing ever work for me? It worked once, randomly, but it basically always says "There are no new posts since you last checked the forums," even though there are always new posts. I don't get it.
"I'm through accepting limits / Cuz someone says they're so / Some things I cannot change / But till I try I'll never know" ~ Wicked

Neo
The One

by Neo » 19 Aug 2004, 19:43

FBM - Well, I changed the name because of the new version of the site - things are a bit more "professional" since we're expanding and getting reorganized, but I can change it back, and see how it goes.

Dlandre - The Newest Posts code has always had some kinks that will be worked out in the next version of the site...but as of now though, you have to navigate to a post the old way first, and once you read your first post for that visit, you can go back to the My Spot page and the list will be working. It's wierd, and I don't know what causes it, which is why I can't fix it yet, but that's how you get it to work. It's REALLY helpful when you do see it working - it makes checking the site so much faster.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 19 Aug 2004, 20:07

i do that all the time neo...its cool...i just hope all this confusion ends soon!! make it stop!!
blah.

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 19 Aug 2004, 20:08

i like it. its easier to figure out what each post is. have you thought about calling the "Group" the "Introductory Forum" instead (since you said you were heading towards something more professional)?
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 19 Aug 2004, 20:14

I have...but that forum is sort of something that can't change, since it's refered to so much in the posts. And there is a forum description below it, so people can figure it out.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

dlandre

by dlandre » 19 Aug 2004, 21:07

Neo - I tried what you said... but it doesnt seem to work. Just always says No new posts
"I'm through accepting limits / Cuz someone says they're so / Some things I cannot change / But till I try I'll never know" ~ Wicked

Neo
The One

by Neo » 19 Aug 2004, 22:38

Well, what I do, is when I get on the site, I click on the forum in the My Spot's list of forums on the left of the page, that has a new post I might be interested in...and then I open that topic's thread...once I read the post, I click back on the My Spot, and the list is read to use.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 19 Aug 2004, 23:35

Hey Neo, question: In the new-spot... are you going to be bringing all the old topics over or do we have to start from scatch again?
Ex: In The Group, do we all have to reintroduce ourselves again?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 20 Aug 2004, 10:49

good question, and here's a follow-up:
if the old ones are not brought over, what happens to them? Are they deleted or stored on your four billion gigabyte computer that freezes up all the time? :wink: but seriously though.
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Aug 2004, 20:17

They will be brought over. I am basically making a new template with new "behind-the-scenes" code that will be the basis for the tsnNext.

(and my 4 billion gigabyte computer doesn't freeze up now that I have broadband internet...but it is having trouble starting up lately)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

dlandre

by dlandre » 21 Aug 2004, 00:02

Neo wrote:Well, what I do, is when I get on the site, I click on the forum in the My Spot's list of forums on the left of the page, that has a new post I might be interested in...and then I open that topic's thread...once I read the post, I click back on the My Spot, and the list is read to use.
thanks for your help neo... sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.
c'est la vie.