The-Spot.net Will Be Down On Sunday
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

The-Spot.net Will Be Down On Sunday

by Neo » 29 Apr 2004, 22:29

I got this email from the people that own the server.
Email wrote:We have a shortage of web space on solaris web server so we would need to add in a bigger hard drive. For this we will need to take the server offline for few minutes for hard disk installation on sunday. We will post more information about this on sunday in your help desk system under the announcements section. So please keep visiting your help desk for latest network or web server related updates.
Like it says, it should only be down for a few minutes, but they didn't give a specific timeframe yet. Just letting y'all know about that in advance.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Llamaking 747
The Ass-Whippin' Llama

by Llamaking 747 » 29 Apr 2004, 22:33

BOOOO! this is descrimination agains llamas! uhhh... i'm not quite sure why... but YEAH!

well, hopefully that time it's down won't be when i'm lookin' for a good time ;)
i put my name at the bottom of everything i write, because some day i might say something worth quoting.

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 29 Apr 2004, 22:34

AHHH...I hope everything goes ok!!!! and I hope that it doesn't last very long and that it gets backup and running soon!!! I don't know how long some people on here can survive without the spot!!! AHHHHHH

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 29 Apr 2004, 22:41

Yeah, thanks for the warning, Neo. Now I won't be asking UPS every second... "Hey... :poke: The-spot's not workin'... Why?" :P
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 29 Apr 2004, 22:41

HAHAHAHAHA...that's exactly how my brother would be....any time the spot is slow or whatever...he's always like.."Pamela...what's wrong with the spot...why isn't it loading!!!" LOL...like I'm supposed to have all the answers or something???? :roll:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Apr 2004, 22:56

People do that to me all the time
* Neo glares at Jad * :razz:
But unless it's a problem that y'all can see on a page, then I have no idea what's up, or how long it will take. I deal with the pages, and have little warning about what's going on with the server. So don't ask unless y'all see something wrong on the page. ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

vimmington
PimPMasteR TallyWhackeR

by vimmington » 30 Apr 2004, 08:22

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *weeps* :cry2: :cussing: :enraged: :verysad: :frustrated:
i will be so bored......
:boredom:
whatever will i do???? :shrug:
lol how much space is this website taking up? you dont think that we'll ever have to put a charge on membership do you? that would be suckage. anyways i guess its a good thing this is happening, just means we're growin!
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Gil Bailie-

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 30 Apr 2004, 08:31

hey hey...don't worry vim...it shouldn't last too long....don't sweat it...we'll be ok!! LOL

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 May 2004, 21:20

They're not doing it for us...they're doing it for all the sites stored on their servers. We are growing though, but it's not the reason (nor are we growing by so much) that they have to install a new server.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 May 2004, 17:40

so did anyone have any problems getting to the site? I was gone most of the day and night, and didn't get on to see if it ever went down.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 04 May 2004, 17:59

I didn't have any problems....

but I only logged on like, twice sunday
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity