so...about the Summer LAN
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

so...about the Summer LAN

by Neo » 29 May 2009, 23:26

Due to the decreased traffic, and the fact that only about 5 people who frequent the site actually still live in Texas, I don't think we'll be doing many more LAN parties.

However, if anyone is interested, I can host a UT Server from my apartment that everyone can play on (As well as download the game from).

Personally, I've spent all the money I have during these past two lan party time-frames on moving to plano, and now car repairs for a car I am ending up having to trade in anyway. So I'm pretty broke, and can't make it to the LAN Party anyway.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

Re: so...about the Summer LAN

by wonder6irl » 30 May 2009, 00:10

So you know we would totally come if it was going to be in Tyler ... guess Austin could find a way to hook into a server from home, if that is an option. You'd have to discuss with him since that goes way above my head as to how that could be worked out. Guess everything has to come to an end, sadly. I enjoyed it all while it lasted .... you are all such awesome people. :-=A)
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 30 May 2009, 00:45

im still down for a day in tyler for the hell of it, hell lan parties are the reason i came and still come here mostly... its not like its a huge cost... maybe 40 bux for a day with friends... not to mention most of the times people bring non spotters to them...
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 30 May 2009, 03:34

I'd love to come to future LAN parties again. Unfortunately, I'm still up here in Oregon. That makes it pretty difficult.

However, I'm game for any online gaming! If you get a date going, I'll definitely try to jump in and join!

Since it seems like the LAN partys have gone to the wayside, Why not try to have it once a year rather than twice? At this point, I would think it would be better getting a census on 1.) having it once a year, and 2.) when?

The summer would seem like it would be a good time, but I find that its actually quite the opposite. People have summer jobs, classes, or family trips and family time, or just overall busy or broke. Summer has a funny way of doing that >_> The winter LAN party I found seems to yield more turnout.

However, I'm good with having it online, besides, we could do it more frequently that way, and it could even bring back the possibilities of having more turnout at LAN parties anyways. You know, bringing back some old gamers that used to frequent these boards to these online game sessions.

Just a thought though
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 30 May 2009, 19:16

I would go!!! In fact, I'd give a testicle just to be in Texas, let alone the Tyler area!!! Of course, New York is...far. I have no leave. >_>

UPS, you and I are on totally opposite coasts. lol. But we are both close to Canada. Well...sorta'. I'm 30 mins away...not so sure about Oregon. >_>
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 30 May 2009, 20:41

eh, more like 6 hours away from Canadia :P
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 31 May 2009, 04:39

still closer than i am! im like 12 hours away from mexico!
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

tank driver will
The Guitarplayer

by tank driver will » 02 Jun 2009, 07:15

I'd like to think with me being over here, and Baka posting from Iraq, from time to time, we're world wide.

Yeah!
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
1 Corinthians 13:11

+10 Trivia points
+10 Witty points

Neo
The One

by Neo » 03 Jun 2009, 20:05

we *are* world-wide now (again)...unfortunately that doesn't help with localized get-togethers.

However, there is still Quakecon in August, and I do plan to take off work and go to that.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

tank driver will
The Guitarplayer

by tank driver will » 04 Jun 2009, 09:11

Do we advertise at Quakecon?
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

+10 Trivia points
+10 Witty points

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jun 2009, 21:58

No, we don't officially advertise anywhere - all our membership is word-of-mouth, organic relationship-based. People tell their friends, who tell their friends, etc. Apparently that hasn't been going on much.

That, plus the fact that I have to close down registration because Bots are able to get through the spam filters now; so I manually approve accounts - though I don't know of any legit people signing up.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

tank driver will
The Guitarplayer

by tank driver will » 04 Jun 2009, 23:31

Then maybe we should drop this word of mouth thing, and advertise at quakecon

+10 Trivia points
+10 Witty points

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 07 Jun 2009, 20:32

Neo wrote:organic relationship-based
you have angered the internet gods...such speak is hypocrisy!

and made me feel dirty...like I rolled in dirt or something HA HA HA

I've never gone to one cause I'm always busy...aaaand I've never been into internet gaming. But that's no excuse cause that's just the bait to get you there and socialize.
SOW what?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Jun 2009, 22:49

Right...the games aren't actually done on the internet - we set up a local server, and play there with just us. However, that's only a portion of the stuff that would happen - and most of the time I spent playing Guitar Hero or talking with people.

(I'm not much of a gamer either, which was making it hard to get out to Tyler for a couple trips until I got into Rock Band and Guitar Hero)

Unfortunately, since moving to Plano, and actually since coming back from Chicago last summer, I've been the most broke I've ever been having maxed out all my credit cards. This makes the expense of Gas, Arena Fee, and Dinner more than I can pay in simple cash (since I have no credit balance left).

I don't mind dropping these down to once a year in the Christmas time (I'd rather get out and do things like this when it's cool out than when it's hot)...and then we have Quakecon in the summer/fall and tsnLAN in the winter.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]