tsn.7 My Spot Page Ideas
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Re: tsn.7 My Spot Page Ideas

by Neo » 04 Apr 2008, 10:01

You can now get to the My Spot page by going to http://www.the-spot.net/myspot

I'm working on some of the boxes and creating the graphics to display the page properly, so that I know what information should appear where.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 23 Apr 2008, 11:25

I started to do some more work on the My Spot page today, since I have downtime at work. However, I installed a new Microsoft beta the other day, and it changed my firewall settings, disallowing any custom ports that I have already setup on my computers - preventing me from remoting into it until I go reopen those ports.

I tried creating graphics using GIMP, but it's too tedious and they look like crap compared to what I can do with Fireworks, so it looks like I probably won't be able to do much today...and that's disappointing.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 May 2008, 10:17

I've got the Mini User Profile box working now on the My Spot page. I don't recall what else I was going to put on the page, except for the WhatPulse stats, but those are being a little ornery and kinda hard to format properly until I figure out how to parse the XML it returns.

Let me know if you see anything wrong with the Mini Profile box.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 May 2008, 14:29

Ok, I realized after I logged out to see what the Mini Profile box would show that it won't show because it's based on someone being logged in. So I spent the next couple hours trying to figure out how to get the page to load properly by using a "if user logged in" switch around that module and finally found the error preventing it from loading.

Anyway, there is a login box on the My Spot page now that you can use if you're not logged in. And when you are logged in, it will show your avatar and your posting stats that you'd see on your Public Profile page.

Next thing to tackle is the TSN Special Report box and getting the RSS feed to show up below it. I'll probably do some looking-into it today, and work on it tomorrow. I can't have too much success in one day or thing will stop working.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]