One-Lined Posts Must Cease
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

One-Lined Posts Must Cease

by Neo » 30 Mar 2004, 01:24

Ok, this is not the first time I have had to post on this subject. But since there are several newbies around, I feel it necessarily and imminent to do so. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that we're moving forward in our post count - but I am disappointed that the large numbers are not accurate for the small amount of content on the site.

The admins and moderators have noticed an increasing amount of posts that consist of nothing but nonsense. I'm talking about posts such as "hahah, yeah." .... and "hey, veida" ... and other posts that don't fill up a whole line of text. These posts need to cease.

If it's a simple thought that you have in your head, such as laughing, or agreeing, or something that no one else can use in the conversation to make it continue - just keep it to yourself. But if you want to post it, do so, and expound on it. Don't just post a little bit, and move on...give more info about why you're laughing, agreeing, or whatever.

We're going to start cracking down on these posts, and the ones that don't effectively contribute to the conversation with at least a bit of information in them will be deleted.

***Note: This does not include the game-threads (e.g. Questions only, etc.) Those are going to be deleted eventually anyway.

This was our fair warning...if your post gets deleted and you haven't read this - it's your own smurfin' fault.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 30 Mar 2004, 02:03

Sounds fair enough to me. I know that I can handle such a request as to posting more than one line per post. The only forum that should be completely legal for one-liners is the Just For Fun forum. Now, I'll even go as far as leaving the one-liner of greeting someone who is new on the boards (i.e. "Hey, glad you could join us on the boards!"), however, I WILL start warning people who go off with a conversation in the group forums (i.e. :oneliner: ).

We are a community that shares ideals even though we may not agree with them half the time. I'm not really fond of posts that just sit there like a cliff-hanger on purpose. I mean, one of things I do want people to do is to not only dig deep into their own little feeble minds, but to fully understand what each person is stating, especially in the Ecclesia and the In The News forums, as well as presenting facts and proof.

Besides, do put some thought as to what you want to say rather than just one word/sentence.
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 30 Mar 2004, 06:53

Hey Neo...Thanks for the fair warning.. I was actually wondering when you were going to say something about it. But it's true, there are a lot of new people to the forums that don't completely understand how this site works, and we just gotta let them know...but I will admit that there are probably some times that I am guilty of it myself...and I apologize!!!

Anyways, thanks for putting this up so that everyone can see it, hopefully it will help!

SquattingBear
Level 5 - Left the starting zone

by SquattingBear » 07 Apr 2004, 11:50

Not one liners...how can people do it ..rofl...i don't think i have ever had a post without three lines...it might be because i add random crap to everything and i never stop talking but thats just me...the only reason i can think of people making one liners is to get there post count up....and I know a certain little one would not try and do that to win the bet faster..rofl :D ....by the way ...Neo can u do me a favor and erase the Just for fun on Friday at 11:59 pm...at our time zone ...it would help alot...rofl

Squatting Bear doesn't want to be A SLave

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 07 Apr 2004, 21:56

Actually...I am guilty, I have made a few one liners, but I just didnt have a lot to say...I will change that tho... And I am not trying to get my post up...I really like this site, and I love posting and reading what everyone has to say. This is actually the first place I go to when I log onto the internet.
Smile for the camera! :D

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Apr 2004, 23:28

Cool...it's the only place I go ion the internet, unless I have junk mail in my yahoo account that I need to delete. :)

And yes, SB, I will delete that thread...but it's not going to affect your post count. Posts in that whole Just for fun forum do not count towards post count.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]