tsn miniLAN in Nac, Spring Break?
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Pick a Weekend

March 9-11
25%
March 16-18
13%
Either is fine
25%
Can't go
38%

Total votes: 8
Neo
The One

tsn miniLAN in Nac, Spring Break?

by Neo » 22 Feb 2007, 00:19

SFA has their spring break on March 9-18...so does TWU where I work. And like I did last year, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a mini BYOC lan party in Nac. Right now I'm hoping to get one going at Java Jacks - but I have not talked to them yet about it. If that falls through, or costs money, would anyone else be up for hosting it at their place?

Also, if you're interested in even hanging out at something like this, we need to know. Either get in touch with KD or myself and let us know...or post it here if you can't seem to reach us. Invite your friends who don't play on computers - if we have it at Java Jacks, that's a pretty cool place to just hang out anyway.

It would either be the weekend before, or the weekend ending spring break. And that's what we need to decide. So vote - please....and post whether or not you'll be able to come. If we don't get enough people, I won't bother with trying to host a lan, and might just come down to Nac and hang out with some folks instead.

1. KD (9-11)
2. Neo (9-11/16-18)
3. TDW (9-11)
4. DS (unknown)
5. FBM (9-11)
6. Queen Mab (either)
7. Striker X (either)
8. Lei Lei

Maybe
1. FBM
2. Wonder6oy
3. Wonder6irl
Last edited by Neo on 05 Mar 2007, 18:06, edited 4 times in total.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

tank driver will
The Guitarplayer

by tank driver will » 22 Feb 2007, 00:58

Make it on the 16th, and you all can see me drinking.
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
1 Corinthians 13:11

+10 Trivia points
+10 Witty points

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 22 Feb 2007, 08:35

I am interested in going but i've already made lots of plans for spring break and i'm not entirely sure what days those plans will be on.

So, i wont be able to decide until I know exactly when it is and I can work it around everything....I guess i'll go with kd's answer on what weekend i'd like...and put me down as a maybe. :roll:
Smile for the camera! :D

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Queen Mab

by Queen Mab » 22 Feb 2007, 14:22

me and Striker X will for sure go our schedules are very flexible so just lets us know when..... cant wait to see everyone....

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Feb 2007, 12:50

I don't think I want to see you drinking, will...I'm going to plan on coming the 9-11th...Late on Friday night, through Sunday. I technically have monday off, but I don't know that many other people will because of work.

I am going to ask the Java Jacks people if they wouldn't mind us having our miniLAN party up there during the day on Saturday the 10th (to put the strain of the electric bill off of the Deptulas...out of courtesy), but if they don't pull through, (or so we can play with the Wii's) would any be up for hosting it at their house? I'll bring the networking stuff for the lan.

Also, I might need a place to crash :roll: - I can get a hotel if I need to though.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Feb 2007, 13:28

java jacks has agreed to host the lan party...the only thing is that we have to be paying customers...so everyone needs to buy at least one drink, is not two while you're there.

it will be on saturday during the day and byoc...bring your own network cable if you have one too.

more info on the weekend when I get off work.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 27 Feb 2007, 18:45

Hey Neo, you're welcome to stay here for however long you want. I have to leave monday to go to Houston. I don't know what time yet though.

I think it's great that we have confirmation about Java Jacks, but I do have a question:
Do they have a router that we can hook into since lots of us don't have wireless cards or laptops?

I just want to make sure that we are all going to be able to hook up together up there.

Anyone is welcome to come and crash at my house as long as they are sober... :roll:

yah...
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Queen Mab

by Queen Mab » 27 Feb 2007, 19:46

most likely striker and i will have to crash at your house then too kd.....but if for any reason that won't work then just let us know and we will look in to getting a hotel.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 27 Feb 2007, 20:39

I will bring the networking stuff...as I said in the earlier post...all people need to bring is a network cable if they have one. I have a couple, but not enough for everyone. I will also have wireless capabilities.

And thanks, KD...I'll head that direction after work on Friday (which ends at 5) so I should arrive (baring traffic and stuff) about 8:30-9:00
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

by Punix-GT » 01 Mar 2007, 23:54

*poke poke* Hey Neo, remember to take pictures ok? I wanna see all the action ^____^
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 02 Mar 2007, 00:43

I still don't know what my break is... uh maybe I should find out
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Mar 2007, 06:52

I will, UPS....and yes, you should DS...what's the point in coming if you're not going to be there? ;) hah
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 05 Mar 2007, 17:54

Wonder6oy says he would love to come, but he's not sure about his work schedule. He usually has weekends off but has been under some major deadlines lately. He ended up working all this past weekend. :cry:

If we can make it, we probably won't be spending the night.

So put us down for a "maybe" ... :)
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Queen Mab

by Queen Mab » 07 Mar 2007, 16:15

oh hey i was wondering around what time sat. striker and i should plan on being there?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Mar 2007, 17:53

When ever...I guess we'll probably get going about 10, I don't know.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]