tsnLAN 7.0 Pics and Flickr
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

tsnLAN 7.0 Pics and Flickr

by Neo » 07 Jan 2007, 03:12

As you'll notice at the bottom of the MySpot page, there is a new module - the photostream of the flickr group for the-spot.net.

I've been using flickr to keep my photos since the start of the year, and the more I use it, the more I'm liking it...simply because I don't have to do the coding work behind the album, but I can still incorporate it into my pages.

To get your photos to show up in that window at the bottom, you need a flickr account (if you have a yahoo screenname, then you're already taken care of). Log into flickr.com with your yahoo name, and then go to http://www.flickr.com/groups/tsn/ and see if you can join the group. If you can't then go to my page and add me as a Contact, and I will add you into the group. In the meantime, you'll need to load your photos to your flickr.com account, so you can move them to the group.

Once you've been added to my contact list, you'll also be able to start adding your photos to the tsn group by going to the ORGANIZE link at the top of your home page, and then dragging your pics you want to add to the gray area, and clicking on the "Send to Group" button above the pictures.

Then they're added. It's quite simple. And there are tools to let you add more than one pic at a time. I use the FotoFox add-on for Firefox (google it), and I drag all the pictures in a directory to the FotoFox window, and click upload, and they load. I'd then go to my flickr account, pick out which ones I want to put in the TSN group and drag them to the picture area, and click Send to Group. Easy-Breezy.
Last edited by Neo on 07 Jan 2007, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Jan 2007, 03:28

I just realized that you won't be able to post comments, except to post them on the flickr page. Hmm....I guess I need to make them available in the Photobook instead.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Jan 2007, 03:47

For those of you that would like to post your pictures on the Photobook, you can put them in the new tsnLAN 7.0 Album It may be a while before they make it to the front page though. I haven't coded that part yet - and was close to skipping it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Jan 2007, 17:09

I updated the myspot page...I put the flickr pics in a smaller app now, since the party was a week ago. You will still be able to click on the image in there that you see, and it will take you to the photo...if you add images to the tsn group then your images will appear in there as well, in realtime.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 14 Jan 2007, 21:27

Is that what is keeping me from seeing any posts or whatever on the myspot page? It is showing an error.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Jan 2007, 21:32

No, it was something else...apparently there is a no_posts.tpl that I have included in the myspot.php page, and didn't realize it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

[wizard]
1337 h4x0r 4dm!n

by [wizard] » 03 Mar 2007, 09:51

everyone needs to go sign up for a flickr account and POST PICS to the group

:?

i've got some quakecon pics added from two years ago.