R.I.P. [[Oracle]] (for now)
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

R.I.P. [[Oracle]] (for now)

by Neo » 27 Oct 2006, 23:17

Yes, it's sad, but true. The hardware that I pieced together finally showed me the reason why I acquired it in the first place...it was broken and faulty.

The motherboard stopped functioning finally today - after several unprevoked server restarts over the past couple days. I'm going to have to come up with some new parts to rebuild the box, so in the meantime that means that there were some services lost...

While [[Oracle]] is down, there is no more tsnXodus, tsnlocal.net, @tsnlocal.net emails (primarily for my personal account), and no more [[Oracle]] in IRC....FOR NOW. It will come back though...and most of it will come back better.

There is another box on the horizon though... [[Trinity]] - a linux box. I've got it built, and didn't some test installs on it for some of the other things I was working on (before I got a new job) and it sits...fortunately, everything that I offered on Oracle was built for linux first, so I can rebuild all the services again on linux...it will just take a couple more boxes though...and since I'm forced to rebuild this anyway, I'll be spreading some of the feature load and work load over a couple boxes - so if one goes down, the whole setup doesn't go down.

So that's where that's at.
Last edited by Neo on 11 Apr 2007, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 29 Oct 2006, 14:43

boooo linux :-P

GET LINDOWS!!!!
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

Neo
The One

by Neo » 29 Oct 2006, 23:27

Lindows is for kids...that stuff that I'm doing these days requires industry-type linux.

Otherwise, I would...like I tried back in the day.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]