tsn User Pics
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

tsn User Pics

by Neo » 16 Feb 2006, 10:19

In an effort for testing some code for the-blot.net, I'm working on some code for putting a user pic on the My Spot page. This picture is pulled from the Member Album in the Photobook.

Sooo...if you have a picture in there, you don't need to worry. If you've uploaded someone ELSE'S picture in there, you need to let me know, so I can change the owner of that picture.

The basic idea behind it is that the album is only supposed to have one picture, per person in that particular section (others are loaded to your personal album or the Other Members Photos album). The code is going to pull the oldest (or earliest) picture that you uploaded to it (since most people uploaded their own picture first) and put it on the myspot page.

If you have not put a picture in there, you might want to do that...or you'll just have some goofy substitute or nothing at all there. I'll try and stick this also in the User Profile page when I get it working.

If you don't have a way to take a picture or get one in there, let someone know that's in your area, and maybe they'll have a digital camera, or a photo of you for you to load.

This is in an effort to get the-spot.net more inter-connected and use more of the features, rather than letting them sit. In the comming weeks and months, you'll start to see more of these type features....life, for example, the punix-gt.com forums being integrated with ours, so that you don't have to get a new user name to login there. And I'm working on some integration of the user profiles here with the freeformfrog.com logins.

So load your pic if you haven't, or delete your current one and get up a new one. And if you've got someone else's picture up there that you loaded, let me know, and I'll change it to their username as the owner.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wheresthemedic
America's Hero

by wheresthemedic » 16 Feb 2006, 10:45

I sometimes think you too much of this stuff for your own good Neo ;).
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Feb 2006, 10:58

Sometimes I think so too...when I figure out how to do something inside and out...my imagination is the limit.

The only other time this has happened was with calculator programming...I started with simple forumlas for math, and about 1.5 years later I was trying to write A.I. into the software for it to play Hearts against me...using 3 other players.

I can't wait to see what I can do with the internet.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wheresthemedic
America's Hero

by wheresthemedic » 16 Feb 2006, 11:11

Wow. Who knew writing a simple statement would get you a life story? J/k Neo. But really dude, keep up the good work, and try not to blow up the internet with your mad coding skillz :blown:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

kaze
The Dark Wind Star

by kaze » 16 Feb 2006, 16:56

wheresthemedic wrote:try not to blow up the internet with your mad coding skillz

Yea, but you can blow up the Matrix if you want. :P

J/k.
Check out my: TSN Journal

Neo
The One

by Neo » 18 Feb 2006, 10:06

it works....all the code worked the whole time, I just didn't make it show up in the right spot on the page - I'll spare you the details of it all, but now, if you don't have a picture in the Members Album in the Photobook, you should upload one.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wheresthemedic
America's Hero

by wheresthemedic » 18 Feb 2006, 10:46

Dude, that rawks my face

Neo
The One

by Neo » 18 Feb 2006, 10:53

The next step is to put it in the user profile, so you can see someone else's picture when you view their profile. When I get that accomplished...the whole project goes into the-blot.net
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 18 Feb 2006, 11:42

Hey, I like the picture idea ... I didn't expect to see mine (a sweet pose of me with wonder6oy from last summer) so I got a kick outta it. Testing stuff is good, Neo ... that's how you go from good to great. :D
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 18 Feb 2006, 12:21

Hey, I know I already told you...but seriously, That is awesome!! GREAT Job! I love it! I agree with WTM, that rawks my face!!

wheresthemedic
America's Hero

by wheresthemedic » 20 Feb 2006, 18:00

Neo, are we going to be able to change that pic, or will it always be the same? Just asking, cause I get tired of staring at the same thing over and over again. In fact, I'm about to change my avatar...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 20 Feb 2006, 18:36

You can delete the picture out of the Members Album that you uploaded, and put in a new one. The script pulls the first picture uploaded by you to that album, to prevent people from uploading more than one. (since the others are intended for the album called "Other Member Photos") :razz:

I would put an upload box in people's profiles, but that would entice people to just put another avatar in there.

As of right now, you're the only one that sees that picture, but when I get the script working for other places, that one will probably go away, and one in the profiles will be the reincarnation. (as there is no point in seeing a picture of yourself). And then I'll stick a random user pic on the myspot page.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]