Welcome back, again...
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Welcome back, again...

by Neo » 24 Jan 2006, 12:50

I think we have it this time. It didn't take as long as it did last time, but I also didn't plan on creating an exact replica of the other server on this one - because there is a lot of crap that doesn't need to be on there.

But welcome back. I hope you like the new graphics and such. I'm also going to be working on the next version of the site too behind the scenes, and I'll request beta testers when the time comes.

This downtime has also spawned 2 other new sites... http://www.thepizzy.net which is my personal site, and http://www.tsnlocal.net which is the future home of the tsn.lcl project.

Sorry that no one guessed the purpose of the project, but that's how it goes sometimes. We're still working out the details of how everything is going to work, and who gets to get access to the network. But there will be more info on that with the new MySpot page, and in the new Beta section - which will soon be renamed.

I hope you notice a difference to the speed of the server and stuff, but other than that, and the apparent changes to the site, everything else is just the same.

Welcome home.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

mandaloo
Level 7 - Harpie slayer

by mandaloo » 24 Jan 2006, 18:30

as the official tsn beta tester, i am thrilled to have the spot back up. i was really going through withdrawls today at work...

really.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 24 Jan 2006, 19:52

How did you get to be an official tsn beta tester? I haven't even built the other site yet O_O ...woah...
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 24 Jan 2006, 21:25

Ok, I have noticed some problems with the site keeping you logged in. Hopefully I fixed that just now. And Hopefully there are no other problems. I really would like this thing to go smoothly.

If you see something wrong with the site, be for certain that you've Cleared all your Temporary Internet Files in your browser, and cleared your cache. If you don't know how to do that, use your browser's Help Index and search for Clear Temproary Internet Files, or Clear Cache. Then after you've done that, and hit F5 a couple times, if you still see the error or whatever, that's when I'd like to know about it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 24 Jan 2006, 21:37

The MySpot page is AWESOME! ^__^ I mean, wow! lol

Very nice work, Neo! :P
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 24 Jan 2006, 21:46

Haha, thanks...all I changed was the header...but there will be more changes to come...and a better look...

(Also, I know that the Admin panel doesn't work right now...not sure what's up with it, but I'm working on it)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 25 Jan 2006, 00:30

Man...it's about time this is back up. ;-) Haha, just kidding Neo, I know you've been working hard. But yeah, thanks for the hard work getting this back up quickly. Looks great!
-D$
:ninja:

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 25 Jan 2006, 02:22

try going to page 12-14 on my journal... see if you get the same problem I do
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Jan 2006, 07:35

haha, ok, they're in the database backup somewhere. It was a pain to load it like last time, I thought I got everything. I'll see if I can get that fixed.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 25 Jan 2006, 08:19

YAY!!! It's back!!! Dude...Neo...I love the front page...just the regular http://www.the-spot.net That image is really nice. I like it!! It's sooooo good to be back home!! These last couple of days at work had been a total drag!!!

Anyways, if you need anything, let me know!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 26 Jan 2006, 07:48

ok, I don't know what's going on, but for some reason, if you're lucky enough to post in your journal, it shows up in the RSS Feed, but it does not show up on the site. I don't know why, and I don't know how to fix it yet...but I'm working on it.

I took at look at the database last night, and the new one shows less rows than the old one for posts, but the biggest number (as they are each numbered incrementally) matches (with the exception of the new posts) to the old database. It's odd...

But probably today when I get home, and tonight, I'll take the site down, and try a re-make of the database. So the site will be down for a bit tonight.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 26 Jan 2006, 09:49

So are you saying we can't go and see it in the journals?? or it isn't coming up on the myspot page?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 26 Jan 2006, 09:57

(for future reference you should probably click on a journal from the my spot page before asking that....) because I'm not sure what you're asking.

I'm saying when you view a journal, the last couple pages aren't there....or so it says.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 26 Jan 2006, 10:38

When I posted that, I hadn't seen any journals on the myspot page, so I wasn't sure if there were any new posts there, hence why i was asking if they were not showing up on the myspot page....

nevermind.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 26 Jan 2006, 11:12

O_o where you able to read Kaze's journal when he posted it? Or was that not up when you were online to post that? Because that's when I posted my comment...after I read his journal in rss, and tried to post a reply to it on tsn.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]