New Stuff in 2006!
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 04 Jan 2006, 17:42

Do you know what else would be REALLY cool? Either a theme for Windows Mobile 2003, or atleast a background that can be used with a Pocket PC. I tried using one of the other backgrounds, but none of them showed the whole thing on my screen. So as of right now, I'm using the tsnVlogo.jpg from /images. Unfortunately, it only shows up in the very center of my Axim. But yeah....a really cool background would be awesome, and a 1337 theme for windows mobile would be da bomb.
-D$
:ninja:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jan 2006, 18:20

That would be something that Beta.tsnV would produce. PDA Screens vary in size, so the best way to do it, is to post in the CSQ for beta about what the requirements are for a background on your pda...i.e. the dimensions
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 07 Jan 2006, 08:42

I just downloaded Firefox to my Laptop. It's still a strictly MSFT beta computer but I figured I could uninstall it if it gave me problems with the beta software I have on there.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 08 Jan 2006, 12:55

For Neo:
Well, I just d-loaded Firefox onto my PC and I'll give it another shot (I've tried it before and it just didn't match up the SlimBrowser, which I use now and love).
This question may have already been asked and answered but bear with me here: Do you still get your $1.00 if I d-load it and then uninstall it at some point? Not in the same day, mind you ... just sometime in the future.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 08 Jan 2006, 13:26

Mozilla firefox KICKS AZZ

I still use IE cause of some programs and what not..but I LOOOVE that I can have one window with the tabs...and if I get to many tabs..two windows with tabs...

I have short attention span so I have many pages open..while one is waiting I have another going... but YEAH

*edit...right now I have 23 tabs (counting this one) I'm on four forums too ;)

Sorry tho guys...I already have all my stuff downloaded...*sigh
SOW what?

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 08 Jan 2006, 13:51

Okay, is anybody else out there having problems with Firefox because I already am. I have NO SOUND when I use it but I DO have sound using my SlimBrowser and/or any other computer function. I've checked the FAQ and the Known Bugs section but have yet to come up with anything.
If this lasts much longer and I can't find a solution then I'll be forced to uninstall this puppy.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 08 Jan 2006, 19:22

Wonder6irl, yes, you can uninstall it later, tsn gets the money for the download and first run.

SOW, you can get a Firefox extension called "IE Tab" where it loads the page as if it was in IE. And you can also get the "View Page in IE" extension that will open it up in iexplorer.exe...I find the IE Tab to be quite useful at work, because I can set it to defaultly open that url in IE tab automatically...and IE is required for the accounting software we use.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 08 Jan 2006, 22:23

Hey Neo,

You should have gotten your :dollarus: dollar then because I downloaded it and used it for a while. Being the impatient person that I am, however, I have already uninstalled it. I wasn't thrilled with the interface of it and maybe I'm just too used to SlimBrowser. Thanks for the info, anyway. 8)

Neo
The One

by Neo » 09 Jan 2006, 00:10

impatient GIRL...you can get better interfaces for it, called Themes, and they really do severely rock your face if you get the right stuff and give it a chance. I don't know anything, nor have I heard about, slimbrowser, so I don't know what kind of code it's based on...but thanks for giving FF a shot anyone (Even if it was an unfair one :razz: )
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 09 Jan 2006, 07:16

Sorry ... I feel so bad now.
NOT. ;-)
Just FYI, SlimBrower is a lot like Firefox in its interface but I'm not trying to promote SlimBrowser ... I really wanted to give Firefox a try. I suppose I can always download it again and hope the sound works and that nothing else glitches out. Either way, you still got your dollar, right? 8)
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 09 Jan 2006, 08:39

sounds? glitches? That would be your computer goofing up muh dear. And yes, I Still got my $1. But try it again sometime, and have KD show you how to get themes and stuff.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 09 Jan 2006, 12:40

KD wrote:COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL......... :D

I like the whole 'Google giving you money for the firefox' thing.
If you are just now downloading Firefox, you can get different themes. This is the one I have and I just absolutely love it! https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/morei ... on=firefox
:roll: I haven't done the URL thing long enough to know how to make it shorter.
anyways...
They have others, so if you don't like that one, there are more themes that you can go through.

Plus, you need to see the snow effect... It's pretty cool. 8)
In that link is my favorite and current theme. It rocks! 8) You can search for other themes if you don't like it. Just browse around.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Jan 2006, 08:53

As part of our "New Stuff" bill, [wizard] and I have been hard at work these past couple weeks of January to create some new things.

Currently, I've sparked in him the idea to work on some internet tunneling setup for filesharing through a proxy-routed network interface, and he's done an awesome job of creating the proxy and such for his first breakthrough with the idea. When we get it released, it'll be a breakthrough in internet technology, started right here on tsn. More about that though on thepizzy.net/blog - look for Project: Tormachi in the coming days.

Another project we're working on (soon to be me moreso than him) is a web-based chat client for the-spot.net, that interfaces with our IRC chat room, and possibly with Firefox. We'll announce something soon (for those that haven't heard of it yet) for use with Firefox, and chatting...which would be one more reason to get the FireFox browser from the MySpot page, if you have not gotten it yet.

There was also an announcement about http://www.tsnlocal.net on thepizzy.net/blog over the downtime. I'll be putting up some new links on the MySpot page for reference to these new sites and stuff, so people can stay up-to-date with the tsn Development.

Also, there is a new MySpot page in the works, as this one is starting to look a bit crowded (to me at least), and things need to be smoothed out a bit.

The re-structure of some of the site's mini-sites (i.e. beta.tsnV and wzup) will be taking place over the next couple months as well.

This is a busy year for the-spot.net, as most of our ideas are finally entering development and we have the tools, knowledge, and money to make some things happen.

The FreeformFrog.com is back up on its new server - there are still some issues with getting the SSL to work on it, mainly because I don't think I'm allowed to have SSL unless I have a business account and dedicated server IP for the site. I'll look into it more. But most of the important money information takes place on Paypal, and they have an SSL encryption.

For more behind-the-scenes info, check out http://www.thepizzy.net/blog ...as most of our tsn talks happen at the pizzy (my apartment). For final updates, keep checking back here. (And for those that are worried about my tsn Journal, don't be worried, it'll be the repository for my "personal life"....there's not been any drama in it, just busy with work/school and the occassional chat with BK.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2006, 09:36

One new thing is the chatterbox on the MySpot page. Right now it's the standard code from flooble.com, but eventually I'm going to get the code and figure out how it works (I already tried it once) when I have time, and make one specifically for tsn...so that I don't have to have the ads at the bottom of the page.

I'd like to do it in AJAX though, so you can see it update in realtime.

I'll be spreading it across all the tsn sites so that everyone can chat with everyone else on the other sites! It'll be cool. So use it...do it <_< do it.....do it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]