New Stuff in 2006!
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

New Stuff in 2006!

by Neo » 30 Dec 2005, 08:47

Well, because of all the cool stuff that the-spot.net is about to embark on this year, a couple changes around the site will be going on...some good changes.

The first one, is a budget. The-spot.net is going to start creating a budget for our events and merchandise. But in order to make money, we have to spend money. I'm going to be putting about $500 of my own money into getting some things started up for the-spot.net, and it's spin-off sites: freeformfrog.com, punix-gt.com, the-blot.net, and the site codenamed WZUP Radio.

In keeping with the long-held policy of NO ADS on a community forum, I'd like to clear for the record, that the-spot.net will never put ads on tsn. Having said that, I reference you to the "Download Firefox" graphic on the right of the MySpot page. If you've never downloaded firefox before, and are still stuck using IE, I think (along with 60 million other users) that it's time you made a switch.

IE is great and all for integration with Windows...but it's insecure. Firefox lets you customize the way it looks, and add in "extensions" (add-on programs that let you do more with your browser) AND it's more secure with your personal information than IE. I would highly recommend that you download it, and use it as your main browser...Not because it will generate us money if you do, but for the sake of safe web-browsing.

Now, I did mention that it generates us money, if you use that image to download it. Google will pay the-spot.net up to $1 for each installation on a computer that doesn't already have Firefox installed, if you download it from that link. So please, if you've not had it on your computer before, download it there.

Moving on...

The freeformfrog.com is going to go up in January, and I'm going to start adding product one-by-one until we get everything in place for it. I'll put a new graphic in the Photobook so that it shows up on the MySpot page, and let everyone see what's being added to the store.

The first product is MOST LIKELY going to be the Beanie, and hoodies. I'm still waiting to get my test beanie in the mail from the company, and if it meets my standards, I'll order 95 (as that is the smallest set I can get), and put a poll up for the color of the beanie, since I don't know yet if I can get a mixed batch. They come in Navy Blue, and Black. I'll also modify the design of the print on it. It won't be customized, but it will have the-spot.net, and will be cheaper than $65 :razz: .

As far as BlingBling goes for the store, there will be a tsnBot named [[Oracle]] (yes, she's returned) that will be handling the money. More details on this as they are developed though.

In the meantime, I'm also going to be making some changes to the MySpot page in preparation for tsnV.i - to help with the new server and enable the page to hold all this new information.

And there is more news ahead....with WZUP Radio and Freeformfrog.com aliance, and the future website the-blot.net.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 30 Dec 2005, 13:19

COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL......... :D

I like the whole 'Google giving you money for the firefox' thing.
If you are just now downloading Firefox, you can get different themes. This is the one I have and I just absolutely love it! https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/morei ... on=firefox
:roll: I haven't done the URL thing long enough to know how to make it shorter.
anyways...
They have others, so if you don't like that one, there are more themes that you can go through.

Plus, you need to see the snow effect... It's pretty cool. 8)
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 30 Dec 2005, 14:09

I downloaded Firefox on this computer at work, and when I get home, I'll download it there too. Not that I will use it much, but yeah.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 30 Dec 2005, 14:19

YAY...it says we've made $1 so far...w00t!
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

tank driver will
The Guitarplayer

by tank driver will » 30 Dec 2005, 16:37

Another thing about FireFox...it's easier to use. Trust me, I know. and spyware get's pwn3d.
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. Psalms 144:1

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
1 Corinthians 13:11

+10 Trivia points
+10 Witty points

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 02 Jan 2006, 11:16

Neo, Do you still get a dollar for those who already have firefox and don't need to download it?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 02 Jan 2006, 11:30

Ok, I've downloaded it here on my laptop. So does it say you have another dollar now??

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Jan 2006, 12:38

I have earned three dollars so far...you have to install it and run it for the first time on the computer...so those that have installed, give it a run right quick.

And yes KD, I will always get a dollar from now on, as long as it's downloaded to a computer that doesn't already have....that includes freshly formatted computers ;) ....so if you have to reinstall your OS, and get firefox, get it from us! :wai:
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

comter
Level 4 - Gathering Supplies

by comter » 03 Jan 2006, 01:23

I tend to reformat machines (fixes any tech support problem) so I'll make sure that from now on whenever I put Firefox on a machine I'll use that link. Erf..it appears to be a UID-type link.

-the purring dork
[The black cat strikes at midnight.]

:: You are not judged by who you love but by who loves you. ::
[The Tube is Civilization.]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 03 Jan 2006, 08:41

the UID is to reference it to me...as long as it is a machine that does not have FF already installed or previously installed it should work to our benefit.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

comter

by comter » 03 Jan 2006, 18:10

No..no..no Neo.

[Install Firefox]

[Install Firefox]

[Install Firefox]

[Install Firefox]

Same link..refreshed the page. It's apparently not a static link which means that I can't just put it on my utilities page and link from there.

-the purring dork

Neo
The One

by Neo » 03 Jan 2006, 18:33

right, well, whatever :razz: ...I didn't know you meant bookmark it, I thought you meant come to the site and do it.

I've been too confused about work and other things outside of work to keep up with exactly what everyone else is saying. This is a hectic time of year for me.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

comter

by comter » 03 Jan 2006, 18:35

That's right..hide behind the busy excuse. Excellent, my puppet..excellent. *arches his fingers as the light casts his eyes in shadow*

-the purring dork

rueishness
The Psycho Psycho-Healer

by rueishness » 04 Jan 2006, 10:54

I caved, and downloaded Firefox at work.

*grumbles* this should make [wizard] happy...:roll:

Neo
The One

by Neo » 04 Jan 2006, 12:06

sweet...it makes me and the spot happy ^_^
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]