Scheduled Down Time
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Scheduled Down Time

by Neo » 08 Nov 2005, 08:13

There will be scheduled maintenance, as was previously announced, this weekend as we move the site over to the new server. This could take potentially all weekend...or it could take just one day.

At any rate please refrain from posting new material starting at 11:59 p.m. Friday night. And check back here for an announcement on when you can start posting again.

Hopefully the site won't be going down so much, like it has within the last couple weeks.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

AmberNMarks
Level 3 - Topic Spell Learned

geez

by AmberNMarks » 08 Nov 2005, 08:16

Geez...just as I start to get the hang of this....you yank it out from under me....Neo..you're such a teaze!!! LOL just kidding...te-he-he. I can last one weekend lol.

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 08 Nov 2005, 12:51

:wink: This forum is addicting!
:D I told you that you would like it!

Thanks for saying something Neo, but I think I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend, so it won't hurt me THAT bad :wink:
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 09 Nov 2005, 08:09

*shakes* I... Need.... TSN... *scratches shoulder*
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

Neo
The One

by Neo » 09 Nov 2005, 08:21

Ok, so that was NOT the scheduled downtime. There was some kind of recursive code that was causing too many connections to the database and slowing down the SQL server. I don't have that code in my site, and I don't know where it came from - but they said they put better restrictions on the server, so hopefully it won't happen again.

I'm still moving the site to the new server this weekend, and will use this server for something else until I it dies in February...when I will buy a better one for the site I'm putting here.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 09 Nov 2005, 20:15

I think i'll live. This is actually good for me because I have a ton of homework to do this weekend. Maybe the spot being down will get me away from the computer a little sooner...unless NEO is on....If he's on that means I must bug him. lol
Smile for the camera! :D