Bring on the Bling
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Bring on the Bling

by Neo » 11 Oct 2005, 11:18

The Exchange feature of tsn's monetary system is now active with BlingBlings....the exchange rate:

[tab]1,250 Spotics = .01 BlingBling (BB)

BlingBling is used as a cash discount off anything you purchase in the freeform frog store, equating as follows:

[tab].01 BB = US$0.01 Discount

It may not seem like much, but when you recognize that you can keep posting, and keep earning Spotics, then you can keep increasing your discount in the store.

The catch is: that you cannot convert your BBs back into Spotics. But fear not, like I just mentioned, you just have to post more to get your spotics back...and posting more makes you l33t ;) with the l33t point system. And you want to be the l33t35t, right? Of course you do :razz: ....no one wants to be a n00b ;) .

To exchange your currency, just find a post you've made some where, and click [Exchange] in your post details. But start saving up, and posting more, because the freeform frog store will open in December, just in time for the holiday season, with a full line of tsn products and other sundries (including, but not limited to: punix-gt, wzup, and GRiP merchandise....and ALSO the ability to have a custom design made, or your own design applied to a product of your choice)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 11 Oct 2005, 15:20

That's pretty niffty Neo!

Perhaps one day I'll get a free t-shirt!

>_>

<_<

Maybe not. I don't have THAT much time on my hands! :P

It's cool though!

Psst: What do you do after you click 'exchange'??
What do you put in that first box?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Oct 2005, 15:34

I kinda figured that was self-explanatory...
But you put the number of units you want to convert, and select from [type of currency] to [type of currency] and hit Submit.

For some reason it doesn't update the page automatically (at least on mine) but the transaction is complete once you hit submit. I'll have to figure out why it doesn't show it. But I'll also be adding the section on the My Spot page for the BlingBling in your User Stats when I get internet.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 14 Oct 2005, 10:50

Who besides Neo has any bling bling? It's gonna take me forever to get any! It's a life long goal! hehe

WAIT....I've got 3234.25 spotics. Shouldn't I have some bling bling??? I think I should, and I don't. What's up with that?? HUH?! lol naw, i'm prolly wrong and confused on how this works...huh?! I bet I have to also have a certain amount of l337 also huh?! Yup i bet thats it...i didnt read all of the post
Smile for the camera! :D

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 14 Oct 2005, 10:53

Well...FBM...I see KD has .01. You could have some right now, if you wanted to convert your spotics. You could have at least .01. I could as well...It just depends if people want to get them now, or wait a while until they can get more.

But I like the idea of it. I just need to get more spotics!!!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 14 Oct 2005, 12:25

FBM, if you're going to be the PR person for the site, you're going to have to read the post :razz: .

:disappear:

Anyone with 1250+ spotics can potentially have some bling. They just have to exchange it themselves. It'll let you know if you can or not when you go to try.
I don't know what will happen if you convert an uneven amount, like 1500...I wouldn't suggest doing it though - because you may lose some spotics...not sure though.

But as I have just proven, getting spotics back is easy. I posted that message on the 11th, and here it is 3 days later, and I've already earned about 300 spotics back, I'm able to now buy another .01 BlingBling since I have 1258.75 spotics.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 14 Oct 2005, 12:33

I did read it, I just didn't actually understand. I read it again AFTER I posted and realized that WE exchange them ourselves...that they're not just automatically given. I just didn't wanna repost since I had already edited once and so on.

ANYWAY...Sometimes it sucks being so slow!!! lol
Smile for the camera! :D