TSN To Start Organizing Into A Business?
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

TSN To Start Organizing Into A Business?

by Neo » 31 Aug 2005, 08:56

I was talking to [wizard] yesterday, going over some IRC chat ideas (since that's about all I can do with the site lately, is go over ideas...I don't have time to actually work on anything :( ) and came up with some other concepts - and he found the stumbling block for tsnV...it's limited to my time, and expertise. So what I need are some people that are willing to take a site feature, and run with it - following the tsn vision that I have, and will continue, to set out for the development of the site. Some examples:

I'm going to move all the computer related discussion to beta.tsnV and as some sites have TechNews, or winkydo.net uses #teck...we'll use Beta.tsnV. I want to get the beta site into an actual site, and now a webpage. I'd incorporate the forums into the page (or more realistically, the page into that forum section), and maybe buy a domain for it, like for the other features of the site, and start turning out software and networking concepts/ideas, and use it as a launch pad for entreprenuerial ideas for new software/webpage developments

I'm going to form my own group in class, and build the Freeform Frog online store as my class project for a new business (again)...since that is going to be (and has been in the past) the only viable source for income on tsn. So I'll set out with a business plan, and a prototype, and maybe I can find some people in class that want to help me with it - as well as people online like Vanyl, that, when the time comes, I'll have to start showing how to create the products and then throw out some graphics, let her create the images, and I'll run them through an html template for the site, and add them in as products. That's about the easiest way for both of us to do it, so that neither one of us have a hard job - doing it all with one person is hard, making the images is not hard.

I'll also be looking for someone who wants to head up the video game review portion of the site. I'll work with them to get a template-structure going for the way a review should look. By the end of the year, (over Christmas break) I want to have a working portion of the site that has sections to fill out for the reviews. I've got some ideas in my head, I just need to learn more about php and have time to test them.

And Punix-GT.com - I'm not sure what to do about that yet. The comics have slowed in production, as expected because of time constraints - but at the same time I have not had much time to take the design of the site, or how to connect it to tsn, into consideration. The best I could do right now (that would be the simplest) is to toss up a forum (like there is now) and add on the Photobook code to it, like there is here, and mod that to look like the punix-gt section does on tsn. But that's no different that what we have now and it won't be part of tsn.
I don't have much experience with online comic sites. I've looked at some of UPS's favorites, and have come up with some ideas, but nothing concrete. If he could maybe use some of his "artsy time" :razz: to draw out a couple designs on paper for pages he'd like to see, and how they link, and scan them and send them to graphics@the-spot.net (of ir more than 10MB total, send them to neotsn@gmail.com that would help with at least setting a direction for movement.

Also...we're going to be looking for models soon. Male and Female models for the Freeform Frog, and for the TSN Girls. For those of you that went to QuakeCon, you saw their [H]ard Girls from [H]ard|Gaming. Other places have similar models - QuakeCon, Coor's Brewing Company, NASCAR, etc. We'll need like 15-20 (for availability purposes) attractive guys and girls..something like 5-7 guys, 10-13 girls...for events like the LAN party, tsnNaked BBQ, and other events.
I'd like to try to get them at least lined up for the next LAN Party, and get some tsn gear for them to wear to it. It would be a plus if they liked to game and stuff, but if not, that's cool - there are plenty of places to hang out around Tyler and basically advertise the site by their shirts as they're walking through the mall, etc, after we get the LAN Party underway.
So if you, or someone you know, would be interested in being a model and helping out tsn, then let me know. Send some photos to graphics@the-spot.net or PM me for my address to mail them, and I will go over them to see if they would match what we're looking for.

Anyway - if you're interested in helping with development of the site - and you are able to help with development, or you or someone you know would be interested in modeling tsn gear, let me know. I know I have declined help before, but that was back when I had time, and didn't really have a structured organizational plan in mind for sourcing different parts of the site. I'm taking a lot of business classes, and the best way to learn them is to do it as I'm hearing it in class. So help a nigga out...or a cracka'. ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 31 Aug 2005, 09:58

Cracka' for sure...LOL

Hey, I don't have much else going on right now, so let me know what you need me to do, and I'll do it!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Aug 2005, 22:13

Tonight in class I comissioned two of my classmates (the Natalie that I talk about in my journal, and a new guy Trey) to help with the Freeform Frog store, as well as Vanyl, who I am going to be teaching html. :w00t: .

So I've done a little more looking into the design of the code on the site - and it's TOTALLY different from tsn's code. It's a different style, different purpose, and the html is mixed right in there with the php. This will be challenging - but it will also be the third time that I've tried to get it off the ground since I had the idea. I'm going to make it work though - I have to...it's for a grade.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

The Audi Thief
Level 10 - Purchase Special Title

by The Audi Thief » 01 Sep 2005, 21:32

I would help but, I am in school now and we are getting alot of homework :shock: so...

But if you need me to do something in my really limited spare time I could
Yeah I stole it, so what? Xanga

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Sep 2005, 23:12

One thing you can do is find out when Baka and RageCage are going to get their internet back. That would be helpful.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Rage
Cheese. 'Nuff Said.

by Rage » 02 Sep 2005, 02:58

I'd help, but I've taken on the role of Assistant Manager (Aka same job, new title, no raise) at work...

...I'll spew out some comics like UPS from time to time...I'm actually getting close to being able to update M-W-F...
There is no signat-