tsnIII face lift AGAIN
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Keep the Dark Background and Light Text?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5
Neo
The One

tsnIII face lift AGAIN

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 03:16

Ok, I know some of you noticed something different about the home page...

Some of you noticed that it loaded faster - that was becaue of a coding error on my part that was calling an unnecessary file and processing it, but not outputing anything.

Others of you noticed that it looks different. That's because it was an attempt to find out if the actual page itself was causing the problem.

Either way - let me know what you think about this design. Personally, I like the color scheme, but I am beginning to develop a distaste for the layout...it's just not what I want. It will probably change when I can figure out something better. But for now, let me know what you think about the color scheme of it. (i.e. the dark background instead of the white background.)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 11 Mar 2004, 12:58

hmm..I'm not quite sure if I like everything about the way it is looking....it's showing the wrong threads with new posts....and when you go to my spot...it's not in a nice straight line like it used to be....it's kind of crazy stuff....

oh well...honestly...i don't really care...as long as it's loading faster, which it is...and that's good....so everything is fine!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 13:05

<_< It's not showing the wrong threads, it's just that I haven't changed the graphic yet....it's still using a dark blue triangle to point to the ones with new threads....which I was going to change last night, but it was 5:00 a.m. and I just didn't feel like it.

Like I said...the layout is most definitely going to change...it's the fact that the background is dark blue vs a white that I was wondering about...

No matter though, I don't think very many people care either. I will work on a new design today, and HOPEFULLY I can come up with something that I like too.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 13:24

:doublepost: I know, but it's the only way for LL to know there is a new post in the forum...

I changed the arrows, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just changed 2 letters in the entire code <_< .

Anyway, now on the home page, the topics WITH new posts are ORANGE...the topics WITHOUT new posts are BLUE (or invisible).
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 11 Mar 2004, 15:20

I personally like the dark background. It's easier on my eyes. It may also be because I'm a dark person... >_> .... yeah... j/k

Anyway..... I like the dark background.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 11 Mar 2004, 15:38

yeah...I like the dark background too!!

and thanks for fixing it Neo!!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 18:10

Ok, well, once again, I have created a New My Spot page, and this one's final. Now I will be modifying code on it to get it to do what I want it to, but the design combines both the light AND dark color themes, AND gives me my cool graphics that I wanted on the home page, while also looking more professional, and adding new features.

What will they think of next? Who knows....but we're tired of thinking right now.

tell me what you think.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

XxShidobuxX
Da Big Boss

by XxShidobuxX » 11 Mar 2004, 18:33

Im glad u fixed the slow loadin problem lol i was just talkin 2 Vim about it the other day lol i was about 2 put a post up in the "Rants" askin wtfs goin on and why it loads so slow all the time lol but now uv fixed it haha one step ahead of me Neo good job! and i likez tha new look keep it up.
-I'm in your forums stealin ur white womens-

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 18:38

There would have been no reason to put up a rant about it, I posted the email from the server people that explained why the server was acting up, and we thought that had something to do with the slow loading too.

For future reference for EVERYBODY - there's no need to rant about the site itself...if you're having problems with it, chances are I am too, and more frequently because I am on it a lot more than most other people.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 11 Mar 2004, 22:35

XxShidobuxX wrote:Im glad u fixed the slow loadin problem lol i was just talkin 2 Vim about it the other day lol i was about 2 put a post up in the "Rants" askin wtfs goin on and why it loads so slow all the time lol but now uv fixed it haha one step ahead of me Neo good job! and i likez tha new look keep it up.

lol... I thought it was just my computer! Like I needed a defraging or something! :shrug: I remember the email thing that you sent, but I guess i didn't think that it had much to do with the loading process. I'm glad you fixed it though, cause it started getting on my nerves BAD! :P I would load it up, but since it was taking too long, I would close it up without thinking... I'd come back and notice that all my 'new posts' are as 'read' :? So, yeah, I'm glad you fixed it Neo!
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Mar 2004, 22:38

Yeah, even I wasn't willing to make any more concessions about waiting for it to load...so I got into the coding and such and found the problem...only AFTER I sent an email to the server people about it being down frequently.

But I am glad it is fixed too...now I can get on at school with no problems from my PDA.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]