Guess What!
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Punix-GT
The Bassplayer

Guess What!

by Punix-GT » 10 Mar 2004, 03:55

Just letting you chatters out there, we made an IRC channel!

For you regular IRC users, just go to irc.under-7.org #thespotnet

For those who do not know anything about IRC, it is a chat client.

For anyone who wants to come join us, go to http://www.mirc.com to download mIRC

Then in the text box that it gives you, type in:

Code: Select all

/server irc.under-7.org
Go to the tab "Command" and click on "Join Channel"
in the box, type in:

#thespotnet
Then from there, Neo and I will help you out.

Neo will post about how to get on IRC through trillian for you trillian users ^__^
¤uraniumpoppyseed imploded¤
Stay out of trouble, they don't show anime in jail!!! O_O
viva la deptula demise!!!
+10 Randomtivity points by UraniumPoppySeed

Neo
The One

by Neo » 10 Mar 2004, 10:27

Ues for all you Trillian users (who are da shiz! ...woot!) Here's how to do it.

Keep in mind I use Trillian Pro, so it may be a bit different for you 0.74g users, but not much.

SOMEWHERE on your Trillian there should be a White icon for IRC OR you can go to your Connection Manager. Either way, you are going to want to Create a New Connection for IRC.

In the Server Name: box you will need to type irc.under-7.org and in the Port: you will need to be on 6667.

Nickname: is where you will type your user name that you want to go by. To be safe, just put some variations in the other two boxes: for example...I used Neo, Neo-O_o, and _Neo_

Click all the Set Nick buttons you can see and Save Personal Info button.

Go to the tab that says Perform Buffer and place this code in the box:

/join #thespotnet; /msg nickserv identify <password>
Where <password> is the password you will register for your username so people don't log on as you, which I will explain shortly.

Click on Set on all servers and Create and Connect.

NOW...Go to your status window for IRC. You will need to make sure you're connected, that code should open up #thespotnet chat room if you are connected, automatically.

- Check the chat room to make sure you appear as he correct name in there, if no, type

/nick <username>
...if so, continue...
- In the status window, type

/msg nickserv register <password> where password is your password. This registers your username with your password. When you sign on to the chat room, you will have to provide your password if you change usernames, and then change back to your registered one. The code that you used when creating the account in Connection Manager does it automatically when you initially sign on.

Now you are ready to chat...hopefully.

[i]once again...if you are only able to connect with the instructions given above, follow these steps to get your name to change and ready to chat:

- /nick <username>
[u](if not registered)[/u]
- /msg nickserv register <password>
[u](if already registered)[/u]
- /msg nickserv identify <password>
- /join #thespotnet[/i]
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Mar 2004, 11:58

ok...so I joined...I think...you guys will have to explain it a little more for me...cuz I don't understand the IRC thing or whatever....yeah...but there...i'm on....

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Mar 2004, 21:08

Well, now you just chat. There's not much to do except chat. That's why we haven't done one so far, because it's difficult to get people all together in one place to have a decent chat. But now we have a couple that prefer chatting over forums, and they are always in the chat room. Just say hi, and hopefully someone will answer. If not, just wait a while, and come back later and see.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Vanyl
The Elusive Beauty

by Vanyl » 22 May 2004, 23:56

Ok, for unknown reasons, the under-7 server went down unexpectedly a couple of days ago. The channel is now served on: irc.animepad.net and has kept it's channel name.

just do the same as above, if you're using mIRC and type:

/server irc.animepad.net

then: /join #thespotnet

Sorry for the problems this may have caused, but everything's back up now, so enjoy!

Vanyl
The deeper darker me ever grows,
Until the light burns it apart,
Leaving behind my scorched and naked heart.

"Those who submit are not always weak" - Hyacinth

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 19 Jan 2005, 22:50

Just to put this somewhere else, incase people want to know about the other chat room we have.....its here:

http://www.the-spot.net/chatroom

check it out..that's where we can all go and chat...and don't forget to Register!

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 27 Jan 2005, 21:18

Well...I've gotten on a couple of times. No one is ever on though. We need more people to start getting on, I think it would be pretty awesome.
-D$
:ninja:

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 28 Jan 2005, 16:05

We just need to get the word out to everyone...because there are usually a few people online at a time...and it would be cool to talk through there...but people don't check all the threads...so they might have skipped over this..