Favorites List
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Favorites List

by Neo » 11 Aug 2005, 22:09

You know what they say - Necessity drives Innovation.
So does laziness.
We now have a Favorites list for your favorite topics. This is similar to the Watched Topics list in your Home page on your profile - except adding to this list doesn't send you an email when there is a reply (it's mainly for quick access), and it is on the My Spot page, so you don't have to go to your profile to see it.

To add a thread to your favorites list (for now) go to it, and at the bottom of the page, under the "Watch this topic for replies" there is another link "Add to favorites" Just click that, and you're all set. To remove it, either click on the Favorites link at the top of the page...or click the X on the My Spot page.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 11 Aug 2005, 22:46

Dude, I didn't even know about the watching thing. o_O Most of the time I just go to the front page and look at the new posts roll
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Aug 2005, 22:50

That's what I do too...and it's good enough. The Favorites list is mainly for easy access later if you have a comment you thought of that would go in a thread, and you don't have it on the New Posts list.

The Watching thing should be used sparingly, unless you have a massive inbox - because it will send an email for every reply to that topic - and we can get pretty busy around here at times. I don't want full inboxes and rejected emails coming to my inbox. ;)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 11 Aug 2005, 23:03

I'm 'watching' my PMs...

it doesn't help though becaues I check tsn way more than I check my email.
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Neo
The One

by Neo » 11 Aug 2005, 23:08

Same here...I see my PMs while I'm at work, because I'm checking the site often...when I get home, I'll see like 7 emails "You have a new private message"...delete, delete, delete, delete....etc.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 12 Aug 2005, 07:11

Thanx for adding this nifty feature, Neo!
It's great ... :)
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's okay, ... they know me here.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 12 Aug 2005, 07:43

np.

I haven't gotten it to show when there is a new post in it yet - I thought I had...but I do have it to show if one of your favorites is a locked thread. <_< hmm...guess I'll work on that either after or during quakecon this weekend.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

wonder6irl
The Occasional One

by wonder6irl » 12 Aug 2005, 10:01

Yeah I noticed that there was no way to see if new posts had been made ... however, I have no doubt that you'll be able to rectify that!
You da man! 8)

Neo
The One

by Neo » 12 Aug 2005, 10:05

yeah, like I said, the code is there, and it's able - but as I was coding it, I noticed that there was really no code for a test to see if it had new posts.

I am somewhat excited about it though - because now I know how to make the mini forum index on the left of the My Spot page show the appropriate background.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]