tsnV Let me know what you think
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Rate tsnV

5 (greatest)
50%
27%
14%
9%
1 (lowest)
No votes

Total votes: 22
Neo
The One

tsnV Let me know what you think

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 00:41

Ok, so now everyone can see the design of tsnV! What do you think?

Granted, there are still some things to be worked out, but for the most part, this is it!

Be sure you read this thread: http://the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=2632 It explains a lot about the new features. It's late though, so more information will come tomorrow...just post your comments here, and I'll move them to the CSQ forum later.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 01:06

Oh yeah....everybody go fill out your profile. There's a lot of new stuff there!
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 16 Jun 2005, 01:30

WEll I think its excellent Neo, but it will take a little bit of getting used to

I logged on I was going to show my freind Gary this little corner of the internet where I was famous but wow, SHOCK! It's changed!

:side note: the second person ever to get spotics and 1337 points
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 13:41

Oh yeah...if you don't like something about it...post it here so I can see what I can do about fixing it.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Jun 2005, 13:59

Drunkensailor wrote::side note: the second person ever to get spotics and 1337 points
what do you mean by that?

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 16 Jun 2005, 15:50

The site is cool, Neo. I got kind of lost in the beginning.

I like MySpot the best. It's easier to look up unread topics.

I'm not a big fan of the Profile. It's all scattered out and hard to find what you need. It took me forever to find the TimeZone page. I finally found it, but still. It's just... On the TSN3, it was all on the same page. This one is a little more complicating. I don't know. Even though there is more information, It's harder to find.

There are a couple of things here that I'm going to have to get used to, but overall, it's cool.

Something that I do want to compliment on. When i logged off, and got back on again, my posts were still unread. So, YAY! That's cool, cause now I don't have to hunt down my old 'unread' posts.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 16 Jun 2005, 15:59

KD wrote:Something that I do want to compliment on. When i logged off, and got back on again, my posts were still unread. So, YAY! That's cool, cause now I don't have to hunt down my old 'unread' posts.
Enough said.

Really, that's like...a life-saver for me! Some people like to just...you know....close my window and I get logged off only to miss out on the newest topics...and I hate searching for new posts. >.>
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Jun 2005, 16:01

I agree!! That is one of the best features of this site! I hated losing all my posts, but I didn't always want to read all of them until later. so this is GREAT! And I like how the newest newest post is on top!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 16:16

Thank guys.

And I agree KD - the profile IS scattered...and it took ME a couple minutes to find that same TimeZone page. But that's just the way it's setup - and once you get your info in there, you shouldn't have to mess with it a whole bunch more.

And the Newest Posts was the whole reason for the upgrade ;) . Everything else is just a perk. Also, when it's your birthday (as I found out with mine, and AHI's, it displays a box at the top of the My Spot and Forum pages, saying it's so&so's birthday - and it gives you a popup to tell you happy birthday, like it does for PMs. It's cool.

And yes, there are a couple things on here that the "Delta Whiners" (people that cry over change) will have to get used to. One is the new forum setup...but I an working on a code to show the Top 10 Forums on the My Spot page so that people can go straight to them. And some other things...just don't know about them yet.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 16 Jun 2005, 16:33

I didn't get a pop up box when I got a PM, why is that? Isn't it supposed to be a whole new screen?

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 18:59

it's because of your popup blockers. Make http://www.the-spot.net an allowed site. I got one every time I was sent a PM today.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

El Gato en el Sombrero
The Wonky Duck

by El Gato en el Sombrero » 16 Jun 2005, 23:37

Initial reaction: Dangit, now I have to maximize my window. (Not that I care, it should be maximized anyway. I just like tiny windows sometimes, tee hee.) Also, now The Spot matches XP, hehe.

Now to go exploring!
"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory. " -Virginia Woolf

http://biblio-tastic.blogspot.com/

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Jun 2005, 23:40

That's the spirit!

Um, some disturbing (because I don't know the reason) news...some people (myself included, when logged on as a regular member, not Neo) are unable to access several threads.

I don't know the reason for this, but I'm looking into possible causes. This was not something that we were able to foresee while it was in Beta version, because everyone was apparently able to access all their threads.

So just bear with us, and check back often for updates. If you find any more problems - don't send me PMs...make a post about it in the tsnV C.S.Q.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Girl E
Level 1 - New Player

by Girl E » 17 Jun 2005, 00:38

i like it. i havnt been on here much, since im *new and all- but i like this layout a lot better!!
-S2Girl E-

sarge
Level 6 - Quest taker

I love it

by sarge » 17 Jun 2005, 02:29

Hey Neo!!! I love the new site!!! I think you will see me posting more b.c I like the lay out and its easyer to me to get around. Good Job!!!

Sarge