Attention...
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Attention...

by Neo » 21 May 2005, 01:35

It has come to my attention that there are a lot of people that are unaware of several things going on around the site:

One of which is the lan party that we're having on the 18th of June. If you're going, you need to get in touch with one of the admin, or moderators so they can put you on the list; or you need to make a post in the thread here: http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=2444

If you need info about the lan party you can find it here: http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=2122
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Rage
Cheese. 'Nuff Said.

by Rage » 21 May 2005, 10:45

Unfortunately with the fact that my family's killing off like flies in a crematorium(sp?) I doubt I'll be attending this one. Maybe Dec/Jan.
There is no signat-

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 May 2005, 11:07

No problem. It was just that I had talked to 3-4 people on the site, that used to be main members, and now come less frequently, but they didn't even know we were having a lan party <_< . We've only done it every six months (or sooner) since the website started. It's not a new trend.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 21 May 2005, 12:16

Well...I was thinking maybe we could send out e-mails to all our users, so everyone will know, regardless of how much they frequent the-spot. However, I figured they shouldn't come if they're just gonna' use their so-called "membership status" as a cause for discount. :realmad: True, it would be a lot cooler if people would actually show up to both the-spot on-line and at the LAN parties, but...not if the majority of the people that go to the LAN parties only do so because it costs less for them twice a year. Those people are not tsn-ers. They are tsn-posers. :x
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 May 2005, 12:20

I've thought about it too...and it's an effective idea (at times). As long as the emails don't end up in the Junk/Bulk folder, which they do...

But with the new site (which I am working on as I type this) there is a calendar that we can post events too...also there will be better integration of website news, and possibly some form of newsletter sent out every month or so. It just depends on how much information I want to disperse.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Rage
Cheese. 'Nuff Said.

by Rage » 21 May 2005, 22:54

[url]http://gprime.net/video.php/dealingwithcheaters[/url]

Another reason why I don't attend LAN's...

...Unfortunately, I'd be the one having to pay for the guy's computer...
There is no signat-

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 May 2005, 23:13

Don't cheat. There's no need to cheat anyway - and if you use their computers, they don't have cheats on them.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]