tsnIII - A little bit of old, a bigger bit of new.
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 01:52

Well, an update on the radio situation while I am at it...

Due to cirrcumstances with the people involved in the radio, the release has once again been delayed until further notice. The timing, and permissions, that we counted on were not there, so we have had to postpond releasing it.

However, this gives us more time to develop the concepts involved with running an online station, as well as create the media and market for it.

We'll keep you posted as updates present themself.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

ChuckSplatt
Level 1 - New Player

by ChuckSplatt » 31 Jan 2004, 20:42

Hello fiends.

If some of you care to know, here's some things I have found out about our original host (which also hosted my site, splatt.org). Since endore.com (the host) went down, all his customers have been left out high and dry and there's been a bit of a manhunt going on for the guy who runs Endore, whose name is Ivan Rainbolt. He has cut off all forms of connection - phones, e-mail, everything. I did a little investigation and was actually able to get some information from his neighbor. I have my ways. :) Also, a man recently posted on some forums saying that he was able to contact Ivan and that he was talking to him, and so he left his IM information so that, through him, we could communicate to Ivan.

Ivan himself wasn't cooperating too much, even with the mediator, but here's the basics of what happened:
  • Yes, Endore IS out of business. His neighbor claims that Ivan is filiing for bankruptcy.
  • Ivan claims that there were physical hard drive crashes. I still find this hard to believe since everyone's site went down at different times, and everyone's site was on different servers. There was no way all those hard drive could have crashed in the timespan of a week. The man I talked to said his theory was that perhaps the hard drives were TAKEN, but that still doesn't explain why everything didn't go down at once.
  • As such, he claims there is NO WAY to recover the data. There are no backups, there is NOTHING.
  • Ivan is also in big trouble with his parents, who he lives with. :P He's not some kid, though; in fact, the man is nearly 30.
I feel bad since I was the one that referred Neo to this host. If it makes you feel any better, I never got to use the credit I received from that referral. :) In fact, I still had about a year and half's worth of hosting coming to me, but BLEH. I have also just signed up to use the same host Neo is using, so now HE has referred ME.

On that note, splatt.org will be back up sometime this week, starting out with a forum as fresh as this one. It will take FOREVER to rebuild the gallery, too, ugh. So much lost ...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 21:40

Thanks for that update Chuck. I'm glad you were able to clear that up with the world.

I will tell you this though about this host...today (the first day that the site was up) there have been a couple up and down times where we couldn't get to the site, but they only lasted for a matter of minutes. But that could be attributed to the fact that my nameservers were transferring to this server, and several other things involving getting the site set up.

As for the galleries and such, you didn't keep the files on your computer? I thought you would do that. Well, perhaps it is just me, but I have a dual directory structure - one on the server, and one on my computer. And I may consider putting one off-site just incase.

If you need any help from us, let us know. We'll see what we can do. (:shock: Look at me...a Padowan offering help to the Master... :roll: ) Regardless.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

ChuckSplatt
Level 1 - New Player

by ChuckSplatt » 31 Jan 2004, 22:03

The gallery was enough pain to upload, order, and caption on the live site. I certainly wasn't going to do it on my development site.

I still have all the *pictures*, yes, but it's a pain to put them all back in their respective albums and then to caption them...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 22:09

Oh, perhaps we're talking about two different things here. I was thinking you were talking about the avatar gallery. I don't have any experience with a photo gallery, and I forgot you had one.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar

by Guest » 31 Jan 2004, 23:26

It REALLY sucks how everything is lost! I mean, :shock: Neo, You're at only 37 posts! How WEIRD it is to see that! :cry: And I'm at one! SUCKS! It had to happen on the week that I didn't have much homework also! :? Well, I'm glad that 'everything' is back... Well, NOT EVERYTHING! :( All the old topics are gone! Well, time to start over again! :roll:

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 31 Jan 2004, 23:28

:roll: And that was me... Am I not a moderater anymore? :?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

The Almighty One
The Amazing Forum Whore

by The Almighty One » 31 Jan 2004, 23:50

Not as of right now, but he said that he was going to make you UPS's assistant in moderating the forums. :D
"Lay down, the threat is real, when this sight goes red again. Seeing Red Again!" -Chevelle ~The Almighty One (AKA TAO)

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 23:50

You can't be a moderator until you join! DUH...I tried to add you before you joined, but it wouldn't let me. And I didn't know you joined until just now. So you can edit your post.

By the way, when you edit a guest's post, just type their name in the Username Box and put a period after it. (i.e. "KD." or "Christie.") I will go back and edit those posts later.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

The Almighty One
The Amazing Forum Whore

by The Almighty One » 31 Jan 2004, 23:51

You're telling me KD, I was at almost 2300 posts!!! :shock:

And now I had to start over at 1! :(
Last edited by The Almighty One on 01 Feb 2004, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Lay down, the threat is real, when this sight goes red again. Seeing Red Again!" -Chevelle ~The Almighty One (AKA TAO)

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Jan 2004, 23:56

Yeah, I don't know what kind of business this Ivan guy was running, but apparently he didn't think it all the way through or something. It's unnerving to lose your data, but then again, I should have made a backup and TRIED to download it.

(I hadn't in the past because it took forever to download)
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 01 Feb 2004, 00:19

I don't mean to change the subject or anything... but I don't really know where to put it...

All of the 'boxes' on my Forums pages are light blue to begin with...they stay that way until I post/reply to something. Than all of the boxes in that category are changed to dark blue. I'm having a hard time trying to keep up with the new posts being made because the boxes react to my posting. :? Help?
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Feb 2004, 00:38

It's because your cookies are messed up. Follow the instructions on the My Spot page.

See, that's why I use those so I don't have to re-explain everything every time.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Feb 2004, 00:45

Here's an update for the Freeform Frog online store. With this new server, there also came new scripts. Things that I haven't had access to before. SO, with this new technology, not only will we be running the Freeform Frog online store, but also the new tsnMarket.

The tsnMarket will be an auction setup like there is on ebay, but it will not be as popular :? . The only way to get it up there would be to offer something that is not normally out on the market. Perhaps custom made things, like comics (UPS), or something. It will have to be spread by word of mouth (since we don't have the capability to make TV commercials ( >_< and Superbowl Sunday is today - that would be AWESOME). But since this is a free script (and now I have a copy of it) it can take a while for things to be sold on it.

Actually, come to think of it...people might want to buy things from here SINCE it is not widely known, thus the prices will be lower ^_^ . Who knows. We'll see what happens.

It's just all a part of the NEW tsnIII theme. (WTF am I gonna do for tsnIV? :roll: )
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Bcjammer
Drift_Amelioration

by Bcjammer » 01 Feb 2004, 02:03

The Almighty One wrote:You're telling me KD, I was at almost 2300 posts!!! :shock:

And now I had to start over at 1! :(
I get to lose my forum virginity ALL over again...cool...what a drain though...ooh...sorry...I'll stop talking now :-\
SOW what?