WZUP Radio...
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

WZUP Radio...

by Neo » 19 Feb 2004, 07:01

Well, after some discussion in my economics class, I have decided to postpond/cancle the release of the WZUP Radio, until I can get more information.

According to my economics professor, the owner of the radio station has to pay royalties for every song played on the radio. Until I find out all the details to this, I will halt production of the WZUP Radio, and focus on the rest of the site.

As far as I can see, the only way to get around this would be to play only local bands, and underground music that doesn't have a record label. But coming up with 24+ hours of local music is going to be tough...and some of the bands suck. So we'll see what happens.

If you know where any details can be found on this, please post the links here.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 25 Feb 2004, 15:29

that's the LEGAL way of doing it...technically...that's not what you HAVE to do...you can always go around and say you didn't know that's what you had to do, and that you were only letting your friend's listen to the music that you had playing on your computer, by putting a link to it on your site...wouldn't that work..also, I do have some connections with quite a few local bands, and some connections with some more popular groups, so if you need me to see what I can do with those, let me know..

by the way, i just saw this post for some reason, so that's why I'm just now posting..lol

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 15:50

Ignorance is not an aliby when it comes to legal issues...so no it wouldn't work.

Also, yes, if your friends have recorded mp3s of themself playing, and you can get enough of them to create a playlist worth listening to, then do let me know. I know there are a couple people on here (UPS, John) that know some local bands or have their own band.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 25 Feb 2004, 15:55

Ok...cool..I will do that then..

I'm gonna hang out with my friend Keri tonight, and so I'll ask her to help me, because she is my main connection to most of the bands.

By the way Neo, you accidently double posted that last post of yours..you may want to..you know, DELETE IT!!!! lol, sorry, just had to, since I don't have moderation abilities in this thread!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 15:59

Thanks...I wouldn't have noticed. I am posting right now from my PDA in class, and I HATE IT...I REALLY need to get the PDA version of the site up, because this one takes considerable time to load the page, and then jumps around the screen while I am trying to read because it's loading the images.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]