The Menu Bars...
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

The Menu Bars...

by Neo » 18 Feb 2004, 03:25

I'm sure that by now, most of you have used the menu bars in some way or another. I want to draw your attention to a couple things on them.

In the Main Menu Bar (the light blue one) there is a link for E-Mail. Yes, this is actual tsnIII email accounts - just like if you were to log in to your college email account or any other email account on the internet.

This is not the same as the email forwards. When you reach 500 posts, you have the option to receiving an email address like Neo@the-spot.net that forwards to your current email address. That way you can give people that email, and receive it in your current inbox.

So, back to this email hosting service: we do not have this available to everyone, because it uses our webspace to hold your messages. However, we are considering some prices for certain periods of time to host your email directly with us. They will be competitive with MSN, Yahoo, or any other service, meaning that althouh they may be priced the same, you will get more space, and I believe no spam. I don't know for sure how it will work, but so far, any random messages sent to ____@the-spot.net end up in MY inbox, not in anyone elses. So it looks like it could be a good deal if there are people interested.

Right now, all that person would have to do is just donate a particular dollar amount to the site, and they will receive an email account if they choose to. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, let me know and I will pick up the pace on getting the details out.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 25 Feb 2004, 15:34

Hey Neo..I've been thinking, how much would you charge for the actual e-mail account thingy?? because I would like to have one @the-spot.net and I think that would be a good way to promote the site as well. So let me know.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 15:47

Let me check with MSN...and I will beat their price. Right now, I am thinking perhaps something along the lines of:

$2 - 1 month
$5 - 3 months
$10 - 6 months
$15 - 12 months

And this would be for probably 4 Mb of space...but like I said, I will check with MSN and Yahoo's prices, and I will beat their deals.

*** Payments will be through PayPal, or via check/money order. I will return with all the information later this evening if those prices sound reasonable.

As of right now though, I will have to set up and renew accounts manually. People that already have their forwarded email from tsn can keep their forward if they choose not to renew their actual email account. However, people that buy one without already having a forwarded account can ALSO keep their email address as a forward if they choose not to renew their account too.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

= SIR JAD =
The Ultimate Gaming Chef

by = SIR JAD = » 25 Feb 2004, 22:30

interesting... hey how is my password thingy supposed to work for checking my the-spot account?
I CHALLENGE YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO A COOKING DUEL.... and if she beats me.. She and I will play Unreal Tournament...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 22:47

<_< you don't have a spot account. You have an email forward. People send you mail to sirjad@the-spot.net and it automatically forwards it to your hotmail account.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

= SIR JAD =
The Ultimate Gaming Chef

by = SIR JAD = » 25 Feb 2004, 22:48

oh... so when I click on the e-mail button up there.. I am venturing into some unknown danger zone that I shouldn't be wandering though..?
I CHALLENGE YOUR GRANDMOTHER TO A COOKING DUEL.... and if she beats me.. She and I will play Unreal Tournament...

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 22:56

Right. To use that you have to be an Admin of the site, or make a donation in one of the previously mentioned dollar amounts...or more (and the service timeframe will get longer for bigger amounts).
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Neo
The One

by Neo » 25 Feb 2004, 23:46

Ok, those prices will do. They seem reasonable enough, and cheap enough for what we're offering.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]