Uninformed Defiance
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

[wizard]
1337 h4x0r 4dm!n

by [wizard] » 01 Nov 2004, 18:04

To all those who have kept up with this thread.

"Screw you. Screw Team Speak. Screw everything you touch and are in some way in control of." -Agent Smith refering to Neo.

He is no longer welcome at the :fce: game servers. I will be banning his SteamID if he does connect while I'm watching. I feel I have failed him. A few things went the wrong way for AS in his personal life. He brought the anger to TSN, an immature move on his part. Even after appologies have been made, if they are made, he will not be considered for :fce: status anytime soon.

[url=http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=1826]my rant on this subject[/url]

Tis a sad day on TSN.

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 02 Nov 2004, 00:55

hmmm...

( drama is a whole lot more fun on tv)

I am gonna miss him...

doh well.
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Nov 2004, 00:57

I think that eventually, when his ego is healed, he'll be back. It's too hard to stay away from this place for very long...heck, even BK and Llamaking came back.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 02 Nov 2004, 02:04

[wizard] wrote:He is no longer welcome at the :fce: game servers. I will be banning his SteamID if he does connect while I'm watching. I feel I have failed him. A few things went the wrong way for AS in his personal life. He brought the anger to TSN, an immature move on his part. Even after appologies have been made, if they are made, he will not be considered for :fce: status anytime soon.
First, let me appologize. I tried my best not to bring :fce: into it, i was unaware that Neo was a Admin, thus i want to say that you have not failed me. i spoke out of my ass and for that i am sorry. also, i was referring to NEO's TS, not ya'lls, once again i didnt make the connection as him as an admin. i was angry and logic was not applied. the :fce: server is my favorite server b/c it helps me feel like i belong somewhere, thats why i put it in front of my name, b/c im proud of it. im sorry, please forgive me. i did not mean to offend you (wizard), nor you hambone. i was and still am to some degree angry at Neo.

Secondly, i did not brong my anger to TSN, Neo brought TSN to my anger. the two collided and this is the product. very uncresc but IRL does not mix well with virtual things. Yes i was angry, Yes i am still angry and No i am not comming back. tomorrow (tuesday), if i catch you online, i will appologize to you "in person". i will not leave impersonal PM's or offline messages, those are a waste of time in my opinion when it somes to something as important as rebuilding friendships. Ya'll were my friends, and still are if ya'll want to be. i had no intention in involving you in this. it is between me and Neo. now i understand why hambone was rather cold today to me.

thridly, i brought BK back and i tlak to Llamking regularly, so i participated in that to some degree. which further reinforces what i was talking about earlier:
Agent Smith wrote:i worked so smurfing hard promoting this site, keeping up relations with "unimportant" members (such as noobs) to make sure they came back b/c i cared. i cared about the-spot.net, i cared about the members, all of them (even you synirr, even though we have our differences), and i cared about having a place were gamers could come and act like friends and discuss the commonness in their lives.
fourthly, thank you hambone when you said
hambone wrote:i mean you a great person AS really u have helped the site alot. I wish you wouldnt leave like this. I hope you read this
i dont know if you still feel that way, but thank you, and yes indeed i did read it. ive just been invisible for a while.

and finally, i am not comming back, just going to make a few essential posts (such as fun words and welcome BK) and then im gone. i need some space and some time off of here. sometimes i end up likeing something so much that it becomes hard to let go. but im learning. everyone should learn something everyday about anything. im not perfect and sometimes (especially lately) ive been very emotional.... im a poet, what do you expect? im sorry again.
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Nov 2004, 02:34

I just want to say (again something I have already told you in person) that if you have an issue with me then you need to send it to me in a PM if it's concerning the site. Do not post something in the forums that is only pertaining to one person. If you've got a bone to pick with that one person, and it's posted in the site, and poorly worded, then everyone associated with the various features or sections of the post will take offense and believe that you're refering to them.

Concerning your anger with me, there is no reason to be angry. As I have stated before, I pay money for this site, and I will choose who I want to be moderators on it as I so desire. If I feel that there is a reason that someone should not be a moderator on the site, then I reserve the right to change my mind. This is a free site to the public, and a democratic communism - where the leader does things for the benefit of the people, and asks the opinion of the population to get feedback, but if the feedback is something is will be determental to the site, then the idea is scrapped and the vote is nullified.

You keep mentioning the phrase concerning making connections with the "real life situations" vs the "virtual situations". There are some flaws in your argument...

Yes, these pages you see in front of you are virtual, the-spot.net only exists in your mind, and the communication here is stored in the database as binary digits on a hard disc, encoded in magnetic charges. But what is said on here, and the actions taken in response to it, are very much real, and very much affect the way we live our lives with regard to the people that said them. You can build somebody up and tear somebody down with words. Actions can not be taken back, and the pain will still remain if things are poorly handled.

It is because I know this (and from my own unfortunate experiences) that I made my decision - whether you liked it, agreed with it, or can even accept it...or not.

When someone on the site attacks your character, slanders (or in this case libel, since it's written) your name, and posts false things about you...then it becomes personal and emotions are evoked, and everything you want to do within your power becomes possibilites. Such reactions can not be taken. This is not a clubhouse, sandbox, or gang where you can kick someone out because they called you a bad name. This is an organization, and in some respects, a business, in the way it's run.

Administration is not an easy job...moderating is easier, but it requires an objective view of the material before you. Structure is essential in an organization, but no structure is perfect. I could share with you my lecture notes from my Communication in Organizations college class, which is why I am organizing the site's infrastructure so much in these past and coming weeks...but I don't have time for that.

I may look like the bad guy because of the decisions I make concerning the site...but look - we still have a site, and there are still people here and coming...and not all of them can be attributed to your efforts, though some can. You're not alone in the public relations field. UPS was the Manager for Public Relations on etbustudents.cc and is still the main PR person that I am aware of for the site. But don't think that you're the only person out there that's trying to bring people in...everyone is doing it.

Because you're my brother, I am able to anticipate your reactions to certain stimuli, and I had anticipated that this would happen if something didn't go as I suggested it would. It only shows me that there is still much to be learned on your part about remaining calm in certain situations, and talking them over, trying to see both sides...and understanding the administrative reason behind the decision. You may not like the decision, but I am not obligated to do anything with regards to your site status, simply because you're related, or because I mentioned it, or because you asked. I had planned on doing it because I thought you had a better handle on your temper...unfortunately I was incorrect in my assumption. But I had to give you a shot none-the-less, so that I could at least say I tried, without having to do any disaster control on potential mistakes.

At a later date you may be reconsidered for becoming a moderator, but that time is not right now.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 02 Nov 2004, 10:14

in my defense, b/c obviously it is still needed, i have the "power" to fire my employee at my job. i also have the "power" to ban ppl from coming into my place of business and i reserve the right to refuse service to anyone i deem fit. but when im upset or i dont want to have a customer, do i walk around banning ppl b/c im "controlled by my emotions"? no, b/c im not controlled by them. therefore your arguement there is false. and yes, i do get ppl in Subway that want to do nothing but cause me problems and bad mouth me in front of all the other customers. one idiot even dared to try to coach me on how to make a sandwich. i simply smiled and asked if he'd like a job since he knows so much. it shut him up. i can handle a situation without goin off the handle and getting mad at someone and abusing my powers. and i take my job seriously. that is how i am know is by my work ethic, and if somebody questions that then they have questioned by character. i can handle my temper. dont tell me i cannot, i know myself better than you know me. you dont even know what all went down that day. as soon as you can accept the fact that someone doesnt want to be a apart of the-spot without being banned in the process, then i will move on. until then it appears that my prescense is necessary to defend myself since i already defended myself in person. if you are going to post something that we talked about in IRL then tell me so that i can come defend myself. otherwise leave IRL convos out. this is getting too out of hand and too ridiculous. i dont want to be a member anymore but i dont want to go around spamming up your site b/c that is just retarded and it would be hypocritical of me. why cant this be dropped?
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 02 Nov 2004, 10:33

dude, seriously, stick around. Eventhough you got somethin against your brother there are a lot of people on the site who aren't neo that you probably want to talk to more. You don't have to deal with Neo at all if you don't want to (as long as you aren't going to break rules).

I'm sorry to hear about whatever offended you, but you still have a lot of friends on here, and I think it would be worth staying just for them.

Neo may be the admin, but that doesn't necisarily mean the site revolves around him. Most of what he has to say are technical parts of the site and don't really involve the type of discussion we have in the main stream of posting. (no offense neo, I mean this is your site and what you say goes, but when we have almost 36,000 posts and you have
less than 2500 of them, ya know...and you are still one member[withpower] out of 162)

Also: I don't think having the power of being a moderator or an admin is really a big deal. I mean, they have some authority, but it's not like they change the rules or anything like that, they just enforce them, and are still only members of the spot. They still answer to Neo, UPS, and Vanyl, and other moderators (depending on seniority as moderators I think). Also as a moderator a few of your responsabilities involve things that may get other people feelings hurt, which is kindof a heavy responability. Imaging one of your friends worked where you worked (but you had been working there longer/been promoted or something) and your boss needs you to fire them. Not everybody would understand it's part of your obligations as somebody who has been trained to hire and fire. Moderators don't even get paid more lol.

And even as it would be an honor to be a moderator Neo is your brother and I am sure the relationship between you two runs deeper than his website.

</tangent>

anyways...don't leave.
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 02 Nov 2004, 11:58

In response to what DS just said, I agree. Smithee(Yes, Smithee, 'cause that is who you are to me.), like you said, you have a lot of friends here, and people that actually enjoy reading your posts (i.e. ME!)...as opposed to the dorky, lame, borin posts of mine :lol:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, and..c'mon, you know you love your bro'. Therefore, acknowledge and respect his creativity and ability to make something like The Spot become a healthy part of so many people's lives...and you know what? I feel special just bein' a member. I don't need and "powers" or anything to feel special. Everyone here is great! Bein' a mod is no biggie, like DS said. I've made so many friends, and have been able to keep in touch with others. I know my ex- thinks I'm stealin' all her friends 'cause she showed me the site, and that's cool....I don't believe her, 'cause you aren't items...but regardless...and I don't know how deep your relationship with NEO goes, but I have a brother...and he's still capable of bringing me to tears...I love him, though. But...with all due respect, I think NEO is/was very mature with his decisions. He's just the "big brother" around the site, is all...just like you're the "big brother" that lives kinda' far...and that I've only met once for a (too) short while... :lol:
You should stick around...really...
Don't let one little incident ruin something you know you are madly in love with...no, not me. Just The Spot! :wink: I would hope not...
>_>
<_<
I love you, The Spot! And Smithee...come back, now.
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 02 Nov 2004, 16:51

DS, I take no offense in your post. And I agree with it.

Baka, I agree with your's as well.

Smith, I am not mad at you, and have asked you to stay before because this is a silly reason to leave the site. It can almost be paralleled to the reason our grandparents got a divorce - the grandfather couldn't handle the fact that the grandmother was climbing the corporate ladder faster than he was, so his ego was hurt, and he left the marriage. Leaving something you like because your feelings were hurt is not a good reason.

There are several people that would like you to stay...myself included, because I am not done with my plans for you helping the site. I chose to hold off...I didn't give up on you. Ask UPS - I've told him about them. And when the MIT people become full moderators, then they will see what all was said about them that was good, behind the scenes.

But if you insist that you are capable of doing what you say you are, then I have no choice but to believe you. You just have to keep in mind that you have not been a visible part of my life since 2001 when I went to college. And people change over time, so I have had to watch how you handled certain things while you've been living here with us. I am making my decisions based on past experience, because that is all I have available to go on right now. But you say you can do something, so I will believe you, until you give me a reason not to.

With that said, this will be dropped, as you requested, once you either leave the site, or decide to come back. It's your decision, and the ball is in your court.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 02 Nov 2004, 17:01

I too would like to say that I want you to stay Agent Smith. You're a great friend to me....in and out of the site. Not becoming a moderator should not affect your membership to The Spot. It means nothing....it's just another responsibility. Sure you should feel good if you are chosen to be a moderator, but why should you care? I could go my whole life without being a moderator, and I would still be a faithful member to The Spot. EVEN if they rejected me and told me no. Friends should always be more important to you than being a moderator. And I know how much friends mean to you. Especially if you can look into my eyes and recognize me. :? LOL. But seriously, please AS, stay here. I don't think there's anyone here who wants you to leave.
-D$
:ninja:

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 03 Nov 2004, 00:02

due to an alarmingly large amount of requests (i seriously didnt think anyone cared until my offline messages became very big) i have decided to stay... BUT i dont plan on being around too much, just enough to see what i want to see and thats it.... and i want to go to the LAN Party....
I'd stab a fo' for less!

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 03 Nov 2004, 00:05

so he can ooogle at lei lei!.... i mean umm nm i mean what i said!
Last edited by Legionofone on 03 Nov 2004, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 03 Nov 2004, 00:07

i should kill you..... just take you outside and spill your blood on the pavement.... YOU WANT THAT???

j/k i love you man :wink:
I'd stab a fo' for less!

Legionofone
The Secksay One

by Legionofone » 03 Nov 2004, 00:09

im bigger than u!
"Fat People are Hard to Kidnap"
"the best your gonna get is walking to walmart to buy a microwave so you can nuke your undies before you goto bed at night."

Medieval Enigma
Level 4 - Gathering Supplies

by Medieval Enigma » 03 Nov 2004, 00:19

sorry you left, glad you're back... now i dont have to kick your butt! :wink:
Do i confuse you? Good, that's what i was going for...