Uninformed Defiance
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

Uninformed Defiance

by Neo » 27 Oct 2004, 18:12

Ok, questions are going to arrise, and I am aware of that.

Yes, two more members have been banned. People want it out in the open, there is it...they were banned. Deal with it.

I am beginning to notice that an increasing number of people are starting to think this forum is similar to somethingawful.com. It is NOT. I have not been to that forum, I don't care to go to that forum, and this is NOT THAT FORUM.

If there are any that are nostalgic about their way of posting or forum guidelines, I compell you to return to their site, and leave those of us who wish to remain here in peace.

It is unnecessary to create problems on the site because you disagree with something that the administration has done. Once again, I explain that this site is intended for mature individuals who wish to hold conversation about things going on in the world or in their life. Therefore, this site was designed for College-aged people.

Granted not all college-aged people are capable of holding such conversation, and there are those outside of the college-age that are capable.

The REASON behind why we choose not to talk about those who have been banned, is not to make it seem like it never happened, but rather to move on. WHY focus on their ignorance of the guidelines and lack of respect for the administration of the stie? WHY focus on their immature stunts to get them banned? WHY?

There is no good reason.

If anyone has an issue with our decisions, send me a Private Message. If such a person can not accept the reason behind the decision, I implore you to find a site where you will feel welcomed, and leave this one in peace.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 27 Oct 2004, 19:31

I've already told you this before, but I'll say it again. I feel that you did the right thing, Neo. This site is for a mature audience; people who can abide by rules. It makes me so mad that people insulted you for nothing. What good will it do. ::sigh:: It's sad. But people need to learn to grow up.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 27 Oct 2004, 23:17

see what people don't realize is that there is a forum for nonsense and the stupidz...
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

KD
The Cute One...Ph34r M3!

by KD » 28 Oct 2004, 00:14

That's the problem, they DID put it in the 'Just For Fun' forum.

http://www.the-spot.net/viewtopic.php?t=1793&start=0

Even then were they being disrespectful and insulting. that's where the line was drawn.
"Every person has their own story. Open their book if you want to understand them. It may be a better read than you anticipated." -Me

XxShidobuxX
Da Big Boss

by XxShidobuxX » 28 Oct 2004, 09:07

sounds like some people have been naughty while iv been away >.<
o Well neo u run the sight as you see fit lol.. After all it is yours!
-I'm in your forums stealin ur white womens-

Pam
The Love Goddess

by Pam » 28 Oct 2004, 14:48

Oh my gosh....this really ticks me off...I can't believe people would be so stupid like that....ERG...I'm sorry we had to do that....but there is no point in keeping stupid people around that just want to make things bad..

:evil:

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 28 Oct 2004, 23:07

*disclaimer* O and Grey are both friends of mine and thus the following is not an attack at them b/c i am not a hypocrite nor am i a bad stabber. the following statement is about people in general that i, personally, have come into contact with on a daily/weekly basis.

what i find diplorable is that some people refuse to follow set rules when the situation they are in is voluntary. example: the members in my National Honor Society did not want to participate in blood drives or bike-a-thons (which was part of the rules) and thus they wanted to change the rules. being in NHS was NOT mandatory, thus they didnt have to be there. if they didnt like the rules they could just leave, but no. they constantly rebeled until they were kicked out of NHS. common sense is lacking with America's youth (and yes that includes me sometimes). if you dont like something, then leave. no one is stopping you. if you dont like it b/c its not like something else you like, then who cares? go back to the other thing and stay away from here.

i talk to Grey regularly and about a month ago he swore up and down that he would not come back. i brought him back and called Incognito and brought him back, which in turn brought O back. in a way i feel responsible for their actions but in a way i dont. i didnt hold their hand and make them stay. it was their choice to return and their choice to do what they did. i will try my hardest to not speak anymore on the subject as i am a friend to them both.

goodnight ladies and gentlemen, for Agent Smith has left the building.
*bows out*
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

baka sushi
Aqua Man

by baka sushi » 29 Oct 2004, 11:18

people can be so different from IM-ing to posting....how can anyone know anything about them? I think it's impossible...until you've met them, or fought them, you don't know them...
Pass A Fist: The New Wave of "Non-Violence"
URG-URG-GURK!

TheSofaFox
Level 6 - Quest taker

by TheSofaFox » 30 Oct 2004, 19:01

They have been planning a way to go out with a bang for awhile. Least thats what they told me.

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 31 Oct 2004, 01:43

baka sushi wrote:people can be so different from IM-ing to posting....how can anyone know anything about them? I think it's impossible...until you've met them, or fought them, you don't know them...
ive been doing it for a while, plus i took quite a few psychology classes.. :wink:
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 31 Oct 2004, 21:52

They didn't go out with much of a bang...more like a copycat effort. and besides, a bang is not necessary...it just makes Them look foolish. just leave if you don't like it here...There's no problem with that.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 31 Oct 2004, 23:39

well, b/c i am a person of class and composure and know the difference between between REAL LIFE SITUATIONS and trivial concerns of online moderation, i will let you know right now that i am leaving this site. not b/c you told me i could not be a moderator, for i am not that shallow. no, instead i am leaving this site b/c i know you Neo. i know how you act and your constant desire to want to control a situation. you constant desire to want to control EVERYTHING about EVERYONE. you get that from dad. so here it is, out in front and all nice and formally informal: im leaving. Screw you. Screw Team Speak. Screw everything you touch and are in some way in control of. if it werent for the fact that you are my brother, i would tell you to get out of my life. ban me if you want, it wouldnt bother me any. i worked so smurfing hard promoting this site, keeping up relations with "unimportant" members (such as noobs) to make sure they came back b/c i cared. i cared about the-spot.net, i cared about the members, all of them (even you synirr, even though we have our differences), and i cared about having a place were gamers could come and act like friends and discuss the commonness in their lives. but as always, everytime i try to help you, everytime i let my guard down, you always end up screwing me over. well guess what, im out of here. im tired of being used by you to support your selfish desires. good luck and good bye.

this is Agent Smith signing out.

P.S. i wont be back in here to read any replys to this post. if you want to say something to me and you want me to read it, then IM me or email me. out~
I'd stab a fo' for less!

Neo
The One

by Neo » 01 Nov 2004, 00:24

That's your decision (and I know you're not going to read this, but I already told you everything I am saying here).

I didn't ask you to go out and get those people. I didn't ask you to go out and promote the site. I didn't say you were going to become a moderator IF you DID those things. I didn't stab you in the back by taking away the moderator position (that I didn't promise) because of the promotions (I didn't send you out to do).

You did all those of your own accord. I made my decisions based on the emotional rage you got worked into tonight, because a couple things didn't go as you wanted it to. You can't control things either, Agent Smith. You're just like me...just like in the movie.

Neo: What do you want Smith?
Smith: I want what you want...
Neo: Who are you?
Smith: I'm you.
Neo (to the Oracle): What is he?
Oracle: He's you...your negative...your equal...

But I can control who I give certain privilages to on the site, and I deem those people capable of being able to handle situations that arrise. That is why The High Council is comprised of mainly girls at the moment, because they handle multi-tasking better than guys. They do get emotional at times, and focus their attention on certain things, but they don't make decisions (generally speaking) based on emotions not related to the task at hand.

It's unfortunate that you have decided to leave...but eventually you'll figure things out.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Hambone
The Hambone, b@#$&

by Hambone » 01 Nov 2004, 01:02

wow ummmm would it help any if i didnt become a mod and let him.... i mean you a great person AS really u have helped the site alot. I wish you wouldnt leave like this. I hope you read this
"Im in your base, killin your d00ds"

Hambone
The Hambone, b@#$&

by Hambone » 01 Nov 2004, 18:02

Agent Smith wrote: Screw Team Speak.
i know u might not read this but i must have missed this earlyer.. but still the point is now you have been banned from TS and the :fce: CS server
"Im in your base, killin your d00ds"