WZUP Radio Preliminaries
This just in! Special news and announcements from the administrators will be posted here.

Neo
The One

WZUP Radio Preliminaries

by Neo » 15 Sep 2004, 23:24

Ok, so I have decided that I will start testing the connectivity of WZUP Radio for those that are interested in listening.

What I am doing is this:
From about 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. I am broadcasting WZUP Radio. The Genre I play covers everything including Christian, Country, Soft Rock, Pop Rock, Rap, Rock, Ambient, Techno, Comedy, Instrumental, and (some) Holiday music...it's all random.

Once I find out if people are able to access it, and enjoy some of the stuff on it, then I will move on to broadcasting live. But I will post more about that when the time comes.

For now, you can hear it by opening your media player (works best with WinAmp) but can also be done in Windows Media Player 9+

The easiest way to play it is to click on one of the links below:

Broadband: http://24.0.5.246:8004
Dial-up: http://24.0.5.246:8002

On that web page you can find all the info about the station, and to listen to the music, click on the Listen link at the top of the page.

let me know what you think about the music, and connection, and quality.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Drunkensailor
The Crusty Old Sea-Dog

by Drunkensailor » 15 Sep 2004, 23:28

sinbad..

lol...

I got it to work on mine
Justin, in a rare moment of clarity

Agent Smith
The Butcher

by Agent Smith » 16 Sep 2004, 07:56

ill try it out tonight and let you know.. i was too tired last night
I'd stab a fo' for less!

All spelling errors are done for a reason. Unless they make me look stupid. Then the board gremlins did it.

Neo
The One

by Neo » 16 Sep 2004, 12:59

Since I know that the radio works now, I have been testing broadcasting the sound to movies...I have been listening to Saving Private Ryan this morning...and tonight from 9-12 (or how ever long the movie takes, I'll be broadcasting Shrek! After Shrek, I'll continue with the music...and eventually I will be able to broadcast the vide stream with the movie sound...but right now I'm testing one thing at a time.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]

Anonymous" class="avatar">User avatar
Grey

by Grey » 16 Sep 2004, 16:00

Ah... I wondered why it was playing Saving Private Ryan this afternoon. Pretty nice quality. This seems like a good idea.

kaze
The Dark Wind Star

by kaze » 16 Sep 2004, 18:33

This is a great idea, especially for a trancy person like me. We would be able to listen to WZUP Radio that Neo picks, and I'll be able to listen to my kind of beats(especially Neo's favorite picks!!!) SO keep it on comin' cuz I'm waitin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :twisted:
Check out my: TSN Journal

SPOOK069
Level 4 - Gathering Supplies

by SPOOK069 » 18 Sep 2004, 22:12

well i got my station up and im currently broadcasting

im playing a mixture of trance/techno/club

the only way i know so far for this to work is if you have windows media player 10 or winamp version 5

[url]http://67.166.202.104:8000[/url] -broadband connection
[url]http://67.166.202.104:8002[/url]-dial up connection
be sure to click on listen when u get to these links

if u have any questions or if it doesnt work tell me.

if u do have dial up, and want to download winamp, winamp is going to give u 3 choice downloads.
you are still able to hear it with the 735 kb version of winamp...so save an hours worth of downloading, and just get tha basic version.
-spook

Incognito
The Stealthly Guy

by Incognito » 19 Sep 2004, 09:45

i cant get it to work on my pc, i dont know what im doing wrong. can i get some advice.

SPOOK069
Level 4 - Gathering Supplies

by SPOOK069 » 19 Sep 2004, 09:48

are you using winamp
-spook

DMoney
Level 15 - Forum Raider

by DMoney » 19 Sep 2004, 10:49

If you click the listen link, and have MusicMatch Jukebox as your default music program, it'll just open it and start playing. So it works with MMJB too.
-D$
:ninja:

frostbitemartini
The Intoxicating One

by frostbitemartini » 21 Sep 2004, 10:04

I haven't tried it yet, but that would be awesome if you play movies or tv shows. Y'know, like back in the day when they played stories on the radio.

Or are you saying that you can watch and hear it like on windows media player...i'd rather watch it on tv lol.

But its funny, cuz last night I was driving home and the radio station i was listening to played the touchstone music...like at the begininning of a movie...and I was thinking it would be so awesome if they played movies and stuff on the radio.

I remember back when I was in the 8th grade, one of my favorite movies was Selena and 10 things I hate about you...and I recorded them with a little handheld recorder and I listened to them on the bus and at school. It was so awesome lol.
Smile for the camera! :D

Neo
The One

by Neo » 21 Sep 2004, 14:28

Well, we can broadcast the sound of the movies, like it was back in the day on the radio...and that's how I listened to Saving Private Ryan, and Shrek those two days. I'm still working on broadcasting the actual video stream - but I can't convert the movies to the right file format, because the software they gave me to do it keeps crashing.

But when ever you see my WZUP Radio away message up, that means that the radio is broadcasting. And if there is going to be a movie playing, I'll post it in there too.
"Because I choose to."
[[Neo]]